PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N4

Lou1187
09-22-07, 21:40
I'm thinking about purchasing a Noveske AR 15 N4. Currently the N4's only come in 14 inch barrels (W/ the 2 inch long flash sup). My question is, why would someone want a 14 inch barrel W/ the 2 inch flash, as opposed to the mid 16 inch. It does not make the gun any shorter? How much accuracy and velocity are you losing? Should I wait until he comes out with the 16 inch barrel. Has he come out with the 16 inch yet? Should I buy the 16 inch Noveske upper and place it on my RRA Car 4 Lower? This rifle will be for range use and home protection. Thank you.

Armati
09-22-07, 21:59
I have labored over this one myself.

Here is where I am with it. A 16" bbl becomes a 17.5" bbl after adding a regular flash hider. At 17.5" you are pretty much at 18" (like an AR180) and now have a full sized rifle.

Working around vehicles or in built up areas, you really become sensitive to every inch of bbl.

16" is the minimum legal length for non-NFA weapons.

If you have no plans of using it at night, particularly if you have no plans to use it for actual self-defense, then just get a target crowned 'post-ban' 16" bbl.

I have settled on having an all round gun. And went with the 2" flash hider. It is nearly invisible at night.

markm
09-22-07, 22:41
The rifle is MUCH shorter with a permed F.H. (much being relative)

I find the difference significant. 14.5 with a permed FH nets you a 16 inch total barrel length.

On a 16 inch barrel you have the full 16 inches of barrel PLUS the length of the flash hider.