PDA

View Full Version : M&P convert

akrapovic
03-23-11, 17:10
I picked up an M&P pro in 9mm for IDPA this year. Love the gun, awesome sights and ergonomics are very nice. Anywho, if anyone is looking for a trigger job I sent my gun to Brush Creek LTD

www.thebrushcreekltd.com/

Joe is squared away to say the least. The trigger feels like it is on rollers, butter smooth. Not mushy at all, trigger reset is still quick. Just throwing out a viable alternative to the M&P fans.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/akrapovic/IMAG0366.jpg

keysersoze
03-23-11, 18:57
Is your slide cerakoted, or is that just the camera flash playing tricks with my eyes? I have the same pistol, although mine falls under the batch that had a problem with the finish. It's rusting even with the regular wipedown of oil that I give it (the humidity here and my sweat doesn't help) and I was thinking of what color to do the slide in.

akrapovic
03-23-11, 19:04
It actually came two tone from S&W. I would recommend using birdsong black t if you are looking to coat. Their attention to detail is second to none. I believe the factory green/black S&W guns are actually coated by them.

http://www.black-t.com/

iCarbine
03-23-11, 19:19
Congrats on the new pistol. I made a similar choice.

My new M&P9 arrived today from G and R Tactical. I had the DCAEK and RAM installed. Just dry firing, the APEX parts show their stuff. Thanks Grant!

I'd gone back and forth between the Glock 19 and the M&P for awhile and finally decided based upon the M&P's, in my opinion, superior ergonomics.

I will now begin the process of replacing my 1911 with the M&P. I plan on running at least 500 rounds of ball before running it with my preferred defensive loads, Gold Dots.

I've carried my 1911 for two years in a Blade Tech IWB and dual mag pouch and have been quite satisfied so I think I'll go with the same set up for the M&P. I see no reason to change.

I want to thank everyone at M4C for all the guidance and excellent info in steerring me away from the 1911 and the .45 ACP. I'm very happy with the change and hope to purchase another M&P9 soon.

rangerjay
03-24-11, 07:16
Joe does do great work he did an excellent job with my springfield 1911. When I was out at his shop I did some dry firing with his M and Ps the triggers are awesome, like the OP said its like they are on rollers.

JHC
03-24-11, 08:54
Nice. My Pro9 had a great comp trigger out of the box and it's now owned by a pretty active competitor and he thought he'd already done a trigger job on it when he first picked it up.

Should be a death ray in IDPA.