PDA

View Full Version : Benelli M4

NightFighter
09-22-07, 22:15
Wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations concerning the Benelli M4 Shotgun?:p

ARx3
09-23-07, 20:14
I have had a Benelli M-1014 since November of 2002 . It is the limited edition model of the M-4 with the non telescoping skeletonized stock. I use it in 3-Gun matches and for deer hunting when hunting from a tree stand . It prefers Wolf 2 3/4 1 0z. Rifled Slugs and will keep them in a nice 3-shot clover-leaf @45 yds and with my EoTech mounted it will keep 3-shots in 3 inches @125 yds. It handles everything from 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 loads , low recoil 00 buck, too 3" #4 -buck loads without any problems. It did not perfoerm well as a Turkey gun ( it doesen't have changeable choke tubes) but then it was designed to shoot slugs and buckshot which it does very well.Overall I'm pleased with it but I would have liked the choke tubes like the M-4 comes with.

ZGXtreme
10-01-07, 09:27
I have had my M4 since this past winter and Love it. Have added a telescoping stock and two (2) round mag extention in additon to a Mesa Tactical side saddle/picatinny rail.

Have had no serious problems except: since adding the two (2) round extention, the last round out of the tube seems to hold itself up. I think I may just need to get a stiffer spring so not to bad a gripe.

Regardless, if the cost doesn't turn someone away, I highly recommend it!

5POINT56
10-02-07, 00:01
Regardless, if the cost doesn't turn someone away, I highly recommend it!

And where would one find an M4 these days? Gunbroker?

Robb Jensen
10-02-07, 04:34

Probably.........we're a 'master' Benelli dealer and we only get about 2 or 3 per year with a waiting list about 12 people deep. Benelli always tells us 10-12 months to order one.

Cold Zero
10-02-07, 06:57
What would be better;:confused:

Benelli M4 or an R870P or 11-87 with the Vang Comp full treatment?

Thanks.

ZGXtreme
10-02-07, 12:09

That and AuctionArms would be likely candidates. I got mine at Sportsman's warehouse in OKC, OK with the full stock and minus the two-round extension; had to go through my agency for the extention and the collapsible stock.

That said, just look around, I looked at the "obvious" shops in our area and they didn't have them. I made a random call to the SW shop and bam, they had one in stock so I had them hold it for me and I made an extreme impulse purchase! It took me about a month or two to locate one locally as I hadn't found the shops online yet.

So stick with it, they are out there, just a matter of perseverance and luck! With that, good luck, once you find one, it will all be worth it, I love mine.

5POINT56
10-02-07, 19:54
Probably.........we're a 'master' Benelli dealer and we only get about 2 or 3 per year with a waiting list about 12 people deep. Benelli always tells us 10-12 months to order one.

Interesting. Didn't realize they were quite that scarce.

mactastic
10-18-07, 21:10
They aren't that scarce on gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com

Some asking prices are ridiculous (like with any weapon). But you can find a fair price pretty easy.

Street Survival
12-31-07, 21:25
Hey 5Point56,

You may want to check Collector Firearms as myself & a few friends picked a few up there. Socom Guy on AR-15.com did up a beautiful batch of USA Stamped extended tubes that match the Benelli perfectly. We just had to remove the pistol grip stock for a full length stock (due to Connecticut's Assault Weapon ban) Then go to Meza Tactical and get their 6 round ammo holder with the rail and then to GG&G for their better combat charging handle. Then you are ready to Rock 'n Roll.

The M-4 is truely a great weapon, it eats everything I throw at it. I even sold my full blown 870P with the full Vang Comp set up & I have never looked back.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Talk to you all next year, I'm off to Times Square in Manhattan to see the ball fall.

TY44934
01-12-08, 14:25
Hey 5Point56,

did up a beautiful batch of USA Stamped extended tubes that match the Benelli perfectly. We just had to remove the pistol grip stock for a full length stock (due to Connecticut's Assault Weapon ban)
Talk to you all next year, I'm off to Times Square in Manhattan to see the ball fall.

Everyone in the US MUST use a non-pistol grip stock if they install that magazine tube; its not only Conn. law, but also Federal. If you install the tube & keep the pistol grip, you are a felon and no better than a common criminal. I may not like all the laws, but until they are changed I am bound to abide by them.

Street Survival
01-12-08, 17:33
Everyone in the US MUST use a non-pistol grip stock if they install that magazine tube; its not only Conn. law, but also Federal. If you install the tube & keep the pistol grip, you are a felon and no better than a common criminal. I may not like all the laws, but until they are changed I am bound to abide by them.

You are correct, I forgot to put in my original post that you have to sell the stock before anything is installed on your weapon. I, like you, like to follow the law.

CJFirefly
01-17-08, 14:48
What did you guys pay for your M4s?

MaceWindu
01-17-08, 15:31
What did you guys pay for your M4s?

$1250.00 :D for my M1014

Mace

Street Survival
01-17-08, 16:05
I payed $1,400 and after all the accessories it comes out to about $1,800.
I may put it on the block for $2,000 due to the cost of ammo & the Aimpoint, Micro T1 & M4b that I'm looking to purchase.

CJFirefly
01-17-08, 19:07
A dealer local to me has one for $1199, seemed like a decent price. Hard to resist not picking it up.

Street Survival
01-17-08, 19:36
That's a Great Price, you can't go wrong.

rathos
01-22-08, 18:56
I work p/t at sportsman's warehouse, and we usually have one or two on hand. They sell for a little over $1300, I think $1319.99. We finally sold one after being open over a year. The next day the guy came back and bought the second one. Its been a little over 2 weeks and still no replacement. I am kinda curious to see how long it takes.

MrMilitaryPolice
02-08-08, 02:43
My M4 is an absolute joy to shoot. I have many other shotguns but this M4 will be one that will my grandkids will get. I boiught 2 at the same time almost 2 yrs ago for $1050 each (11707 version) and got 2 adjustable stocks for $165 each...went back a week later and bought the last 4 adjustable stocks he had. I shouldve bought the entry M4 he had too but i didnt and im sick about it but my M4 has the full tube and adj stock and at the range everyone wants to shoot it. It draws alot of attn to itself and rightfully so!

Wave
02-18-08, 10:43
$1300.00 from my LE Dealer.

Without a doubt worth every penny spent. Hundreds upon hundreds of different rounds(NOT less than lethal) thru it without a hitch, actually maybe one, I can pull the trigger faster than the action can cycle which sometimes causes a malfunction. Otherwise very happy with it. Sooner or later I'll get around to cleaning it too.

Wait times for a collapsible stock models are pretty long, my guess is that the military is getting first dibs on them from Benelli.

It would be really nice if Magpul came out with an M4 stock...;)

Firecop203
02-18-08, 11:30

Where is that in federal law?

That may be a requirement before importation into the U.S., similar to the ATF "points" system to get imported Glocks into the country before Glock built a factory here. After purchase in the U.S., you can do whatever you want.

If I recall correctly, that was a part of the 94 assault weapon ban and it went away in 2004. You can have pistol grips and extended tubes and all the "ugly evil stuff".

NightFighter
02-21-08, 19:12
I have read many opinions about Remington Shotguns. Seems the two most popular models are the Police version and the Marine version. The models I want opinions about are the XCS Marine Magnum and the 870P Max. I would also like to know if civilians can buy the 11-87 Remington Shotgun? :confused:

Firecop203
02-23-08, 07:41
Yes, Civilians can own 11-87 shotguns. :D