PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up

ssc
03-23-11, 19:36
Maybe it is me. What are your thoughts or should I be kicked for even thinking it was worth it.

Regards, SSC

[QUOTE=ssc45;6062487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz
The shock wave alone of a 7mm mag will at least make em lay there for a while. QUOTE]

I hope this statement was meant as a joke, because if it was not, it should be.

Cheers, SSC

That shows you know little about ballistics!! You can shoot a man/animal in the leg and induce heart failure you know. Its called physics and its no joke i assure you.

taperxz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may not know too much about ballistics, having studied it just a bit. Care to share your knowledge and tell me about your testing protocol and what studies have supported this and your personal observations. I am here to learn. Or did you just read something on the erronet. Again show me where Physics causes animals and man to have heart failure when shot in the leg. Or are you just pulling a leg?

Cheers, SSC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc45
I may not know too much about ballistics, having studied it just a bit. Care to share your knowledge and tell me about your testing protocol and what studies have supported this and your personal observations. I am here to learn. Or did you just read something on the erronet. Again show me where Physics causes animals and man to have heart failure when shot in the leg. Or are you just pulling a leg?

Cheers, SSC

Its really simple, "shock kills" all kinds of shock kills, blasts and concussion from explosives, electricity, the kenetic energy of a bullet needs to find a place to displace its energy. A body is that place. Where do you think the energy goes after a body has been hit with such a projectile? It disperses throughout the body, it is in fact a shock wave of energy that CAN cause heart failure though pressure through out the body. I am not saying this happens a lot. I AM saying that the bigger the shock wave the more trauma the body must endure. A 7 mag has more energy and a larger projectile than a 223. Thus more trauma. Its the same thing with electricity, but in a different way. You piss on an electric fence and its gonna hurt!! You piss on a main transmission wire and your gonna die.

Military hospitals will confirm all of this. Blood loss is the first concern, trauma to follow is the second and shot placement can either be third or first.

taperxz

GIJew766
03-23-11, 20:09
I think he is confused as to what "shock kills" actually means. The phrase actually is talking about circulatory shock. Every single human being has died from some form of shock and goes through three stages of shock.

Types (not an all inclusive):

Hypovolemic, Distributive, Cardiogenic and Obstructive are the major categories. They break into specific terms like toxic/septic (a form of Distributive Shock).

Stages:

Compensated Shock - Increase in heart rate and attempted increase to systemic blood pressure (achieved through systemic vasoconstriction). Patient requires immediate interventions.

Decompensated Shock - In layman's terms, this is the point where your body realizes nothing it is doing during Compensated state is bringing you back to homeostasis and decides to say "**** it, I'm out." Signs of this stage include the drop in blood pressure (and more specifically a narrowing pulse pressure) which shows up pretty late. This is also the stage most associated with the pale, cool and clammy diaphoretic state most people think of when they think of someone in shock. The patient is circling the drain here.

Irreversible Shock - Fancy medical term for the point of no return. At this point, the patient is waving "buh bye" and you're probably wasting your time by trying to resuscitate him. Next patient.

Source: Field experience in "prehospital care" (a.k.a. EMT then Paramedic then Tactical Medic)

Moral of the story, asshat is an asshat.

H

ZRH
03-23-11, 22:04
No one is ever more convinced of their own opinion than during an argument. That is to say, arguing with ignorant people is pointless.

KhanRad
03-23-11, 22:33
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Heavy Metal
03-23-11, 22:36
He is confusing types of shock. It is like thinking gun fire and forest fire are similar because they are types of fire.

What was that concept about people who think they know more thean they do and are confidient about it?