PDA

View Full Version : Interesting pursuit video

Trim2L
09-22-07, 23:11
Saw this on another forum and thought it was worth reposting. It sure didn't turn out well for the scumbag.

Intense pursuit video. (http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/index.jsp?showid=378811)

NightFighter
09-23-07, 08:01
I wonder what the legal outcome of the ending of the chase is going to be once that footage is brought into the court room. Was it really necessary to shoot a person for fleeing from the police?

Trim2L
09-23-07, 11:33
It is posted on Officer.com so its probably already gone through the legal reviews.

Joe R.
09-23-07, 12:03
I wonder what the legal outcome of the ending of the chase is going to be once that footage is brought into the court room. Was it really necessary to shoot a person for fleeing from the police?

Without knowing the facts that were available to the involved officers AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT you cant make that determination.

However...if you run from the cops you need to expect bad things to happen...

rubberneck
09-23-07, 12:22

One would think that the officer on the hood of that car had every legitimate reason to fear for his own life.

MattC
09-24-07, 10:57
Looks like the dirtbag got exactly what it had coming.

That was some very nice shooting by the officer on the hood by the way. My hat is off to him.

Stay safe out there,

Matt

dwhitehorne
09-24-07, 13:14
One would think that the officer on the hood of that car had every legitimate reason to fear for his own life.

Yes, especially since the driver was using deadly force and the front passenger was not targeted. I wonder if we will cover that shooting position in InService:D
David

whitetiger7654
09-24-07, 14:29
The first shooting by the officer standing in the road you can't tell from the video it's justified. But the officer on the hood I wouldn't blame him for shooting. The car is moving it's likely the guy would have flung him off.

rayray
09-25-07, 17:11
Shouldnt have run. Now He's dead.

Looey
09-25-07, 18:20
Shouldnt have run. Now He's dead.

+1
if he is willing to put all the other people in the road in harms way beacuse of him, than screw him and he did get what he deserve.

hgary2003
09-26-07, 17:17
From what I could see, the bad guy used his vehicle as a deadly weapon, and used it to assult the Officers in question, that being said.

GOOD SHOOT.

Joseywales
09-26-07, 20:41

Yes........any other questions?:rolleyes:

If your wife was driving the baby and herself home and got hit by this asshole, I am sure you wouldn't be asking this question.