PDA

View Full Version : Intro from the S-T-L

Murcielago311
03-24-11, 13:05
Hey all, not sure if you're big on new member intros, but I'm starting to feel like a real creepster trollin' your interwebs all day.

Just picked up my first AR, not my first firearm. A NIB Colt 6920 for range use and SHTF preparedness :ph34r:. As it stands in stock form, probably not the best for home defense. I'll stick with the 92fs for now on that front.

No safe queen for this one. Hit the range the next day and it's everything I'd hoped it'd be. Let the customizing begin.

For thos that haven't seen this rifle 87 thousand times, here's my little girl:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/jdj676s/Colt6920.jpg

Anyway, the forum is great; everyone seems mature and knowledgeable. I'm getting ma learnings in. Thanks guys!

m4gery
03-25-11, 20:38
Welcome. I'm about 30 minutes outside of STL. Where do you shoot?

Murcielago311
03-25-11, 20:46
Me and a friend have been going to Ultimate Defence in St. Peters. It's pretty new and guys who work there are cool.

Any other good ranges I should know about?

m4gery
03-25-11, 22:22
Not really. I'm new to the area. I hate paying for somewhere to shoot. I actually go behind the church I go to and shoot there. It's free and I'm always the only one out there. How much does that range charge?

Murcielago311
03-29-11, 10:05
It's $25 for a lane for an hour.

OldGreg
03-29-11, 15:17
Welcome. UD is a cool range... good guys there.

Murcielago311
03-29-11, 15:38
SUPER-nice guys there. Not cheap and they're swamped on weekends but never had a bad experience with them.

There was a show this weekend. Picked up a beginner optic and some pmags. Pulled the reflex off; wouldn't sight in at that height. I'm fine with it.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/jdj676s/6920032911.jpg

DarkEarthRocks
03-30-11, 22:06
I am new to the site as well, not new to firearms though :) My name is Jason and I am near Chesterfield, Mo.

There are a few ranges that are about 45 min away free ranges and the targets are free just bring a staple gun or some clay targets to lay on the berm.

Riefschnider near wright City or Little Indian creek near sullivan

From Chesterfield Riefschnider is 42 miles and Little Indian is 48 miles. They are Not staffed so there is no 3 second rule between shots. Just be responsible and and use the knot between your shoulders and have some fun.

On a side note Little Indian is a nice range its clean and Rief on the other hand, people bring stuff like bottles and cans, but dont clean up after shooting.

Both have 25-100 yard lanes and Little Indian has a Shotgun range. Bring your own clays and thrower though.

Good luck and Good shooting.