PDA

View Full Version : Possible Acronym Sticky?

DiabhailGadhar
03-25-11, 09:57
I saw this on the zx-10r forum that I frequent and thought it might be a good idea here. Just wanted to throw it out there for moderator approval/disapproval. I'm new here and most things I can figure out what they stand for, but I may not necessarily understand the meaning. For instance I recently saw a thread for MRP I found out from reading the thread that it meant Monolithic Rail Platform...ok got it...but what is it? what makes it exactly monolithic? I did use the dictionary to get a better idea but I'm still somewhat assuming that the rail is made of a single solid peice.. I think since this is, IMHO(that one took me forever to figure out by the way), one of the foremost knowledge based rifle threads it might do us some good to add this so people can figure things out things in short order...Thank you for your time and input.

markm
03-25-11, 10:04
Not a bad idea. I often get lost in all the nonsense that's out there.

ACR, SCAR, BAD, etc.

sadmin
03-25-11, 10:55
I see what you did there.

Murcielago311
03-25-11, 11:18
There's a pretty comprehensive list that pops up if you give it a google.

Google AR15 Acronyms (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ar15+acronyms&aq=0p&aqi=p-p1g-sv1&aql=&oq=ar15+acr)

Not that it wouldn't be nice to have one here too.

Timbonez
03-25-11, 14:06
I can agree with that.

Iraqgunz
03-25-11, 18:13
Wow, this one went to shit quickly. The answer is, no. Here is why. If someone wants to know, they can search. In the process of searching you will probably learn more information than what you were looking for.

It's kind of like the lube threads or which BCG should I buy? Tons of info is there already.