PDA

View Full Version : DVC Training Tactical Pistol 1 Richmond, KS

Naxet1959
03-25-11, 16:14
DVC Training, Richmond, KS March 19, 2011
Tactical Pistol 1 $100.00 (includes lunch, snacks and water and a t-shirt)

Lonnie Hermann, Instructor

The location is out from the village of Richmond in a pasture with a good size berm. There was a large trailer for storage and instruction out of the rain and wind. A port a john was available.

Weather was windy, wet and chilly. After a couple off spring like days, this one day blast of winter swooped in and chilled us all. This led to a depressed round count of about 150.

Equipment: I shot my M&P 9c (1 fte), there was another M&P 9 fs and the rest were Glock and Ruger mixes. Almost all used holsters on a thigh rig due to the very cold weather.

The class started with introductions and the 4 safety rules. Instruction began with stance and some baseline shooting. We were taught to use the front sight for focus followed with dry firing. Next we progressed to ball and dummy drills and if you flinched, you had to do 5 dry firings before proceeding. Next on the list was finding your guns trigger reset.

We were coached on FTF drills and the Rip drill all the while shooting for accuracy. Any time the groups were spreading, we would slow down and back up until the groups closed up. After a lunch break and rain delay, we got in my favorite, drawing from the holster and shooting. All shooting was done with dummy bullets mixed in the mag so you practiced the FTF drills at odd times. When we were a little more comfortable with the draw, they changed the drill to include a gun shot to signal the time to draw. We were also given things to look for when we did our post shooting scan. After class was done, everyone had a chance to do some free time shooting.

There were only 9 of us in the class with 3 instructors so it was really nice to have the personal attention. I was extremely pleased with this class and will come back for their Defensive Pistol class.

gs013564
03-31-11, 21:08
Do they happen to have a website I could check out?

Naxet1959
04-01-11, 08:59
Yes, its www.dvctraining.com

Enjoy!