PDA

View Full Version : Captain America

TOrrock
03-25-11, 16:30
I'm going to have to see this. Grew up reading the comics.

Captain America Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J3HfllvXWE)

Moose-Knuckle
03-25-11, 17:17
Yeap, been waiting for this one. Growing up on Marvel comics I'm glad Stan Lee is still alive to reap the benefits of his life's work. Modern film making has taken comics into an entire new medium.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-25-11, 17:57
The trailer looks good. Captain America was before my time, but I'm down for a good Nazi killin' anytime!

militarymoron
03-25-11, 18:56
capt America was one of my fave characters to draw on my textbooks when i was in school, besides spidey, when i was a kid.

Spiffums
03-25-11, 20:31
I am sooo going to see it. The only thing I hate about it is they used the actor who played Johnny Storm. I know Sony owns F4 and they will never make a Capt / Fan 4 team up movie but it still doesn't sit well with me. That same feeling when they replace an actor for a major role in a movie.

BCmJUnKie
03-25-11, 20:44
Ya this looks good. I grew up reading that too. Did anyone see the original Captain America? Loved that movie when I was a kid...its probably kinda cheesy now though. Thor is coming out too...

Rider79
03-25-11, 20:59
Seeing the trailer for Captain America was the only thing good to come out of seeing that pile of crap Sucker Punch last night. Can't wait.

Rmplstlskn
03-25-11, 21:49
My fav was THOR! Norse God of Thunder...

Used to carry around a rubber mallet as a kid pretending to be Thor... :D Must be that Swedish blood in me...

But Captain America was my second... I'll see it if the reviews don't come back totally blowing chunks...

So when is the THOR movie coming out?

Rmpl

SteyrAUG
03-26-11, 00:36
And if you have 30k you can buy issues #1-5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Captain-America-Comics-issues-1-thru-5-Timely-WWII-/370487639125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5642c8bc55#ht_11264wt_982

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/josfriend/comics/CA/CA1.jpg

Actually a pretty good deal. Prior to Obama fixing the economy I watched single examples of #1 in this condition sell for $40,000.

This one looks promising. Thank God they did it in the correct period. Really easy to screw up classic super heroes on film. So far nobody has done a satisfactory Superman, he especially fails as a contemporary character. Nobody has captures the feel of the animated original serials.

The recent Batman Begins films have come closer than anything to the original Batman but even they have flaws here and there, that said they are the first and only films to give us a true and correct Joker. Ironically it was Brandon Lee's "The Crow" which got closer than anything else to what a Batman film should look like. Batman the animated series nails the look and feel of the original Batman, but not the plot lines or the characters themselves.

Probably the best slam dunk was the first two Spiderman films, I'd like to pretend the third never existed. The Fantastic Four films were mostly there, some general gayness with the Human Torch, thankfully this was offset with the casting of Jessica Alba. I don't even want to talk about the Incredible Shrek...I mean the Incredible Hulk films. The Lou Farigno / David Bixby TV series came as close as anyone and still left much to be desired.

Would also be cool to get a Captain Marvel film done correctly. The 1941 serials aren't too bad. They are certainly better than the Batman film serials from the time. And probably no TV treatment nailed a superhero like the first season of Wonder Woman starring Linda Carter and also "thankfully" set in the 40s.

I was lucky in that my comic days were during the mid 70s when the large reprints of the original first editions were released. So my introduction to most of the classic superheroes were with the originals.

variablebinary
03-26-11, 06:26
Looks good, but so far all the Avenger tie in films have been pretty good popcorn flicks, though, I thought Iron Man 2 was just okay.

Hopefully the rumor that the Hulk is the actual villain in the Avenger movie holds true.

ForTehNguyen
03-26-11, 08:32
Captain America F*CK YEA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TKCeGc2Ao

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-26-11, 12:38
Captain America F*CK YEA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TKCeGc2Ao

Off topic: That song is my alarm clock on my phone. Drives my wife crazy.

BCmJUnKie
03-26-11, 14:49
My fav was THOR! Norse God of Thunder...

Used to carry around a rubber mallet as a kid pretending to be Thor... :D Must be that Swedish blood in me...

But Captain America was my second... I'll see it if the reviews don't come back totally blowing chunks...

Rmpl

I think it comes out this june or july? The main character is from the movie "A perfect Getaway. The wierd guy that is hitchhiking in the beginning

variablebinary
03-28-11, 05:50
Seeing the trailer for Captain America was the only thing good to come out of seeing that pile of crap Sucker Punch last night. Can't wait.

Okay where is the ban hammer.

Girls, guns, dragons, zombies, robots, NAZI's, orcs, samurai swords, 1911's, Heckler & Koch MP7A1, M4's, exoskeletons...and chicks in skimpy clothing...

Sucker Punch is good fun. Is it high theater? No, but I'm willing to bet we wont see action on this level in any other film released this year.

Also, I'm biased because my wife looks just like Abbie Cornish. I got her to stand around with guns for a few minutes after we got home :)

kwelz
03-28-11, 15:23

Girls, guns, dragons, zombies, robots, NAZI's, orcs, samurai swords, 1911's, Heckler & Koch MP7A1, M4's, exoskeletons...and chicks in skimpy clothing...

Sucker Punch is good fun. Is it high theater? No, but I'm willing to bet we wont see action on this level in any other film released this year.

Also, I'm biased because my wife looks just like Abbie Cornish. I got her to stand around with guns for a few minutes after we got home :)

Agreed. As for Captain America I was afraid they were going to water it down with some PC crap. Then I saw him busting down a door with a 1911 blazing. :shout:

Rmplstlskn
04-05-11, 08:03

Rmpl

I was joking when I said this.... But last night I saw previews for a THOR movie... :p LOL!

THOR in 3D coming May 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ)

I guess I will have to revert to my childhood and dust off that rubber mallet...

Rmpl

outrider627
04-05-11, 11:13
Agreed. As for Captain America I was afraid they were going to water it down with some PC crap. Then I saw him busting down a door with a 1911 blazing. :shout:

My favorite part of the trailer! :D

GermanSynergy
04-05-11, 13:20
I hope it's not ruined by the Communists in Hollyweird.

The_War_Wagon
04-05-11, 14:11
Beats the shiite outta the 'new& improved' G.I. Joe - U.N. peacekeeper. :rolleyes:

LHS
04-05-11, 21:14

Agreed. I saw it Saturday night and was entertained. Plus, Sweet Pea even had pretty good trigger finger discipline...

variablebinary
04-08-11, 05:05
Doesn't look like Cap is being toned down at all...

http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/captain-america-the-first-avenger.jpg

dookie1481
04-08-11, 09:41
It's based on the Ultimate Captain America; those comics were a little darker and more "realistic" than the regular Marvel line.

parishioner
08-06-11, 14:15
Verdict?

kwelz
08-06-11, 16:28
Verdict?

Well worn seeing.

NCPatrolAR
08-06-11, 21:15
great movie

Moose-Knuckle
08-08-11, 03:48
Thought it was pretty cool, loved the Avengers intro after the credits!

TOrrock
08-08-11, 05:35
Thought it was pretty cool, loved the Avengers intro after the credits!

Saw it yesterday....thought it was really good.

Abraxas
08-08-11, 08:02
I thought it was great.

Rmplstlskn
08-08-11, 08:28
I enjoyed it... Well worth the non-3D super bargain matinee showing of $5...

Fun plot line... Retro staging... Cool hero... Hot and tough co-star babe.... What else does any kid trapped in a man's body need. LOL!

Rmpl

armakraut
08-08-11, 23:50
By far one of the better movies I've seen recently.