PDA

View Full Version : Need a smith who can install M&P sights...

BushmasterFanBoy
03-25-11, 21:52
My Heinie Ledge Straight 8's came from Brownells today, and I had luck punching out the old sights, but needless to say, I've managed to mess up the installation of the new ones. Before I end up cracking the tritium vials, or stripping the set-screw of the rear sight, which will need to be reinstalled, seeing as the striker safety plunger doesn't want to move, despite my double-triple checking the spring and cap while installing the rear sight.

To put it simply, kitchen table gunsmithing isn't going to cut it this time around. :cray:

So, who does M4C recommend to get this mess of mine straightened (pun intended) out?

rjacobs
03-25-11, 21:59
Send it in to Heinie, although I am not sure on their turn around time. Other wise I would probably recommend Grant to do it. Apex Tactical would be another choice(and while there Randy could do some other magic im sure).

rauchman
03-26-11, 10:22
Where do you live? If you near northeast NJ, I have the sight pusher for an M&P. Pretty easy to do. I've taken the sights off & on, on my M&P40 a couple of times.

If you're near, let me know and I'll install for you.

As a side note, the M&P sight pusher works perfectly w/ the Glock 9mm/.40/357Sig/45GAP frames. I've never tried it on the G20/G21 frames. Conversely, the Glock sight pusher does not work w/ the M&P.