PDA

View Full Version : IWC's MOE G2 mount... which side?

Josh-L
03-26-11, 14:31
I'm building a very KISS carbine setup with carbine length MOE handguards. I want to use one of the IWC mount-n-slot mounts and a Surefire G2. I shoot with my thumb over the top of the handguard but I've been using a tape switch on the 12 o clock rail for almost the last two years. So I don't know which mount to get the one that places it on the left or right side of the FSB. Right now I'm thinking putting it on the ejection (right side) side would be best since my thumb is on that side when I lay it over the top of the handguards. I put my hand out as far as possible though so I don't know if I'd have to move it back to hit the tail cap though. Any help would be appreciated. I also thought about putting it on the left and using a MOE vg too and trying that.

3 AE
03-30-11, 06:09
I shoot southpaw, so I have the ejection side model which places my G2 on the right side of the FSB. I can activate the switch with my right thumb while grasping/supporting the hand guard at the bottom. If I choose to have my thumb over the top of the hand guard, I can activate the switch with the base of my right thumb near the web between the thumb and forefinger. When I switch over and shoot from the right side, I can activate the switch with my left thumb positioned over the top of the hand guard. If you choose to add a vertical grip, I would think you would want the light on the side that you can easily hit the switch with your left thumb when you normally shoot right handed. Which means getting the selector side model. I know, decisions, decisions! :D

HeavyDuty
03-30-11, 08:05
I don't think this is a secret, but you should know that IWC is releasing a new version of the MOE light mount that works on either side. You may want to hold off if your're not positive where you want to put it.