PDA

View Full Version : 870 Gurus Opinion needed: Speed Feed II Question

Wrestler184
03-26-11, 15:38
I am replacing the factory wood stock on my 870 express with a Speed Feed II. There is a metal spacer between the trigger group and the factory stock. The Speed Feed directions make no mention of this part. If I leave the spacer in, there is a gap between the stock and the receiver. If I take it out the stock mates nicely with the receiver leaving no gap. If I leave the spacer out and torque down the stock screw will it affect the guns reliability at all?

eric0311
03-26-11, 16:39
I am replacing the factory wood stock on my 870 express with a Speed Feed II. There is a metal spacer between the trigger group and the factory stock. The Speed Feed directions make no mention of this part. If I leave the spacer in, there is a gap between the stock and the receiver. If I take it out the stock mates nicely with the receiver leaving no gap. If I leave the spacer out and torque down the stock screw will it affect the guns reliability at all?

I have the same stock on my 870... I removed the spacer and have run into zero problems with it. It's a great stock!

ZRH
03-26-11, 17:36
The metal spacer is only for wood stocks.

rcpd34
04-06-11, 19:38
I did not reuse the spacer on mine.

AI&P Tactical
04-22-11, 16:22
Correct. The stock bearing plate is for wood stocks only. However, you will also notice the stock bolt washer has ears on it. These were turned towards the stock on the wooden stock as they dig in. Turn them out now as you installing a synthetic stock.