PDA

View Full Version : Mark 4 LR / T ? $799

Pappabear
03-27-11, 08:56
I found a Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm with Duplex reticle on sale for $799.
Looks like a fair deal. I want to put it on my LMT MWS 308. I have a Leupold V3 4.5-14 with one inch tube and just dont like it. It has a Bulky hunting reticle on it. Sight picture does not thrill me...I have thought about sending it to Leupold and getting custom retcile for 168 grain ...and maybe I would like it better?

Or I could sell it and buy the above scope. Can you tell me anything about this scope, impressions?
Its being discontinued. General thoughts or ideas?

Thank you.

Pappabear
PB

Gutshot John
03-27-11, 11:10
I don't believe in simply buying a scope because it's cheap. I say find the scope you really want and look for deals.

Do you really want a duplex reticle? Why?

OldTimer
03-27-11, 23:09
That is an excellent price for a Mark 4 scope. But, as John says, don't buy it if it's not the reticle, etc. you are looking for. I've done that in the past and, not being happy with the scope, had to sell it and finally buy the scope I should have bought in the first place. :suicide2:

smschulz
03-28-11, 09:20
I don't believe in simply buying a scope because it's cheap. I say find the scope you really want and look for deals.

You are very wise. :secret:

Nightvisionary
03-28-11, 15:57
I have used a Leupold MK4 LR/T 3.5x10 for several years now. Mine has the old USMC Mildot reticle. It works fine but I might eventually swap it out for the newer TMR reticle.
I have had it mounted on a 50 BMG rifle, AR, and FN FAL. It has seen some pretty harsh conditions during elk season in the Oregon coast range. It's never missed a beat. It just keeps going.