PDA

View Full Version : bending geissele trigger legs

ilikeguns111
03-27-11, 13:43
I just bought a geissele match 2 stage trigger and it says to bend the trigger legs up and down to adjust the 1st stage trigger pull.

The instructions say the legs should be bent at a point just before the legs enter the coils that fit around the trigger pivot bosses.

I'm not sure exactly where that is and don't want to mess up my trigger. I'm guessing right before the trigger pin where the trigger spring coils around the trigger pin?

Does anyone have a picture diagram of how to do this exactly?

Also how do you adjust the trigger pull weight and know that you have gone too far past the point of reliability?

ALCOAR
03-27-11, 13:49
http://geissele.com/pdfs/dmrinstructions.pdf

Belmont31R
03-27-11, 13:49
Is there a reason you want to bend the legs?

As far as adjusting the trigger with the allen wrench its been a long time since I did mine but it didn't require that much adjusting from where it was out of the bag. You're basically looking at where you get a clean break of the 2nd stage to where theres little to no reward pull of the 2nd stage before it fires. Make SMALL changes.

Always do a functions check afterwards though.

ilikeguns111
03-27-11, 13:52
Is there a reason you want to bend the legs?

As far as adjusting the trigger with the allen wrench its been a long time since I did mine but it didn't require that much adjusting from where it was out of the bag. You're basically looking at where you get a clean break of the 2nd stage to where theres little to no reward pull of the 2nd stage before it fires. Make SMALL changes.

I want a the lowest trigger pull possible. The instructions indicate that 1.5lb is the lowest they recommend. So that is as far as I want to go.

Always do a functions check afterwards though.

I want a the lowest trigger pull possible. The instructions indicate that 1.5lb is the lowest they recommend. So that is as far as I want to go. Bending the legs lowers the first stage trigger pull.

Belmont31R
03-27-11, 13:56
Do you have a trigger pull scale?

MistWolf
03-27-11, 20:56
Order an extra spring before starting

Tedfs
03-27-11, 21:57
I guess I don't understand how the match 2 stage trigger differs from the newer Geissele triggers.

Why is bending the legs necessary on the expensive part if a $60 selector is available to rectify the issue ?

Belmont31R
03-27-11, 22:11
I guess I don't understand how the match 2 stage trigger differs from the newer Geissele triggers.

Why is bending the legs necessary on the expensive part if a $60 selector is available to rectify the issue ?

Per the instructions the Hi-Speed line is adjustable in 1st stage weight by bending the legs of the trigger spring.

MistWolf
03-28-11, 13:18
Bending the spring legs changes pull weight. I believe this works on all AR triggers. The set screws on the Geisselle adjustable triggers adjust creep & over travel