PDA

View Full Version : hk usp recoil reduction

ilikeguns111
03-27-11, 14:48
What technology do hk usp pistols incorporate in there handguns to reduce recoil? I read on some website it reduces recoil 40%.

Can that same technology be incorporated on other brand pistols to reduce recoil of the same percent?

skyugo
03-27-11, 16:33
there's a number of different recoil buffers and springs available for most popular handguns. one thing you'll notice about most of them is that they tend to reduce reliability. OEM manufacturers spend a good deal of time and money carefully tuning the weight of the slide, the geometry of the slide/barrel and the spring rates to create guns that function reliably in a wide variety of conditions.
I've shot USP's, and i honestly don't think they recoil that much less than say a glock. HK certainly makes some very nice handguns, but i wouldn't get too caught up in these marketing figures of 40% recoil reduction.

one thing that reduced muzzle flip easily 40% for me was getting some professional instruction.

gillian_seed
03-27-11, 16:42
Well the fullsize USP's utilize a dual recoil spring setup and the compacts utilize a plastic buffer. Both of these design aspects are said to reduce recoil. But 40% reduction seems a little lofty of a claim to me.

I believe the most important factors related to weapon control are proper technique and mindset.

DISCLAIMER: I carry a USP every day as my concealed carry piece, so I'm no HK hater.

dieselgeek
03-27-11, 17:05
I think it's different than felt recoil. From what I understand it's also made to greatly reduce wear on the pistol.

deeHKman
03-27-11, 18:11
It works very well in mine but 40% seems high maybe in the .40 since all mine are 9mm and .45's.

SERT103
03-27-11, 21:45
I've owned 2 USP .40's in full size and I think they had more muzzle rise and recoil than my G22 and G23. Again recoil and muzzle rise is very subjective, but the claim they reduce recoil is far fetched.

bigdave24
03-27-11, 22:04
My understanding is that the USP's recoil reduction makes for inconsistent muzzle rise.