PDA

View Full Version : 3.5lb connectors for Glocks

poirierpro
03-28-11, 02:01
I know its just a piece of stamped polished metal but there are so many companies making these connectors now! Which ones are good and which ones should I stay away from?

M4arc
03-28-11, 06:20
I know its just a piece of stamped polished metal but there are so many companies making these connectors now! Which ones are good and which ones should I stay away from?

Personally I'd stick with the Glock OEM connectors. Smittywee on ebay sells them for $16 each. Although plenty guys here have success with some of the others I prefer to stick with OEM.

Palmguy
03-28-11, 07:01
Personally I'd stick with the Glock OEM connectors. Smittywee on ebay sells them for $16 each. Although plenty guys here have success with some of the others I prefer to stick with OEM.

I agree.

I've got one LWD 3.5 in my spare parts box, I prefer the feel of the Glock part. I see no reason to go elsewhere (even considering the limited availability of the Glock part).

Cosmo M3
03-28-11, 07:04
Ghost

NavyDavy55
03-28-11, 07:23
I too would stick with the OEM connector from Glock.

Thier price is right and they work fine.

IMHO, No gain from any after market connector.

LSK
03-28-11, 10:15
Stick with Glock OEM parts. I used an after market connector once. When I had to replace a broken firing pin the pistol turned into a full auto. I put the Glock OEM connector back and the pistol went back to semi auto.

platoonDaddy
03-28-11, 15:10

Their add states they are factory Glock OEM 3.5#lbs and then state:

The Scherer Trigger Connector reduces trigger pull on any GLOCKŪ to approximately 3.5 pounds. These connectors are manufactured as close to OEM dimensions as possible except for sear angle. Additionally, each connector is coated with Robar NP3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-GLOCK-OEM-3-5-LBS-NEW-CONNECTOR-LOWEST-PRICE-/320676224289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa9cadd21

Is it OEM or aftermarket?

boshev
03-28-11, 15:10
Both LWD 3.5 and Glock OEM

dsg2003gt
03-28-11, 18:34

The Scherer Trigger Connector reduces trigger pull on any GLOCKŪ to approximately 3.5 pounds. These connectors are manufactured as close to OEM dimensions as possible except for sear angle. Additionally, each connector is coated with Robar NP3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-GLOCK-OEM-3-5-LBS-NEW-CONNECTOR-LOWEST-PRICE-/320676224289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa9cadd21

i dont see that anywhere in that listing. the listing is for glock connectors - oem.

M4arc
03-28-11, 19:10

Sorry dude, I don't see any mention of Scherer connectors in the link to the auction. Smitty is a stand up guy so while he may sell both that auction is for OEM connectors and that's what you'll get.

I've ordered from him probably 8-10 times and every single time I got exactly what I ordered.

jamaicanj
03-28-11, 19:15
The item description says it's a factory oem part.

platoonDaddy
03-28-11, 19:16
i dont see that anywhere in that listing. the listing is for glock connectors - oem.

LOL. Following the post to this thread, I emailed "smittywee" and asked the same question.

Assume my email resulted in them removing "The Scherer Trigger Connector reduces trigger pull on any GLOCKŪ to approximately 3.5 pounds. These connectors are manufactured as close to OEM dimensions as possible except for sear angle. Additionally, each connector is coated with Robar NP3." For sure it was cut and pasted from the link http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-GLOCK-OEM-3-5-LBS-NEW-CONNECTOR-LOWEST-PRICE-/320676224289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa9cadd21

Now I have doubts about the connector being OEM.

M4arc
03-28-11, 19:18

Like I said above; smitty is good to go. if you buy an OEM connector you'll get an OEM connector.

poirierpro
03-28-11, 19:44
What is the difference between an OEM connector and the other aftermarket 3.5lb versions? Any change in pull weight? Reset? Reliability?

willowofwisp
03-28-11, 20:14

+1 stick with OEM, its worth the added cost IMO.

Gray Man
03-28-11, 20:17
Like I said above; smitty is good to go. if you buy an OEM connector you'll get an OEM connector.

Prezactly. Before I discovered Smitty, I thought the only way to get the 3.5 connector was either robbing one off an G17L/34/35 or using an aftermarket LWD or Scherer. No reason not to use an OEM from Smitty now. Proven Glock reliability and maybe more dirty-lawyer-proof.

brianc142
03-28-11, 20:17
OEM or Ghost.

dvdlpzus
03-28-11, 21:30
I went to his store and saw this thread which lists the OEM 3.5# at $14.99. A buck is a buck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-GLOCK-OEM-3-5-LBS-NEW-CONNECTOR-LOWEST-PRICE-/300540622130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f99df532#ht_1010wt_1140

Edit: NVM! The Shipping is $1.45 more expensive in these.

dsg2003gt
03-28-11, 21:48
LOL. Following the post to this thread, I emailed "smittywee" and asked the same question.

Assume my email resulted in them removing "The Scherer Trigger Connector reduces trigger pull on any GLOCKŪ to approximately 3.5 pounds. These connectors are manufactured as close to OEM dimensions as possible except for sear angle. Additionally, each connector is coated with Robar NP3." For sure it was cut and pasted from the link http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-GLOCK-OEM-3-5-LBS-NEW-CONNECTOR-LOWEST-PRICE-/320676224289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa9cadd21

really? I just received two from him and them look just like all the other glock connectors i have...no robar.

caddishatch
03-29-11, 00:19
I am a LWD fan. You should try one. They are cheap. If you don't like it add it to your new parts box you started this week. Get it dialed.

DocGKR
03-29-11, 02:45
Glock OEM "-" connector.

jh9
03-29-11, 04:08
Vanek has very thoroughly polished factory Glock "3.5" connectors available for $35. You don't have to buy all the competition parts, you can get the connectors piecemeal.

http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

SERT103
03-29-11, 12:34
Smitty does sell both scherer and Glock connectors. Just be sure it says OEM and that's what you will get.

tfltackdriver
03-29-11, 13:25
I use the Ghost Rocket. After reading the instructions more than a dozen times and following them exactly, I was able to nearly eliminate overtravel and shorten my reset. If one isn't willing to read the instructions and follow them and to detail strip the pistol a bunch, there are better options.

There are many, many combinations of trigger setups. The Ghost Rocket, increased power trigger return spring and decreased power safety plunger spring is what I ended up with for my preferred trigger pull. My groups at 25 yards went from minute-of-torso to within the 8-ring on a B-27.

Redneck19
03-29-11, 16:38
Is the 3.5 connector easy to install or does it require a gunsmith?

M4arc
03-29-11, 16:44
Is the 3.5 connector easy to install or does it require a gunsmith?

Oh man, it's easy and doesn't require any "gunsmithing". Here, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyytGNqohY

SiGfever
03-29-11, 18:39
What are the views of using the lighter connector for CCW?
Thanks.

Palmguy
03-29-11, 18:41
I prefer the NY1 spring along with the minus connector for carry.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

DocGKR
03-29-11, 21:12
The Glock "-" and a standard spring give about 5 lbs, same at the 1911 I carried for 25 years, but with a bit longer trigger travel--this works fine for trained individuals. However, just like there are folks who should not be carrying 1911's, there are probably people who should not be carrying Glocks.

SiGfever
03-29-11, 21:15
The Glock "-" and a standard spring give about 5 lbs, same at the 1911 I carried for 25 years, but with a bit longer trigger travel...

Thank you for your response, sounds GTG.

ryan
03-29-11, 21:16
Doc, what are your findings on ghost rockets for self defense?, Thank you.

DocGKR
03-31-11, 09:48
Why? The Glock OEM "-" works perfectly and keeps the trigger weight about our required 5 lbs minimum.

HuttoAg96
03-31-11, 10:05
I got a Rocket in the mail yesterday for my Ruger that I plan to install today. I'd like to think it could only hurt you in court if you had an ND, but then again I don't put a lot of stock into the intelligence of my "peers" who couldn't get out of jury duty.

03-31-11, 10:41
Ghost. My sample size of one has had no issues including being run hard in a LAV class and at the range.

ryan
03-31-11, 12:49

Magic_Salad0892
03-31-11, 13:39
Glock OEM ''-'' Connector, and NY1 trigger spring works well for me.

I won't use anything other than OEM unless it's an EXTREME improvement.

(See Vicker's products.)

I get mine at Glockmeister.com, or Glockparts.com.

I've gotten exactly what I ordered, every time, in a timely manner. I like them.

one
03-31-11, 23:58
Funny thing. I came across a thread on one of the 1911 forums where this basic question was asked (what connector to use) and out of the entire thread not one single poster recommended the OEM part.

Which is why I come to this forum several times daily, and surf through other forums "occasionally".

TwoSqueeze
04-01-11, 07:18
Like a lot of new shooters, I went through a wiz-bang phase were I just "had to have" the best new aftermarket part out there for the "insert weapon of choice". More often than not it led to causing more problems with said weapon than anything. Thankfully I found this board and had some great advice from some respected friends who turned me in the right direction of truly evaluating my kit and getting training. For that reason I have found that the "-" OEM connector and stock spring gives me the best trigger with the most reliability.

Cheers,
-TS