PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where to get the Glock OEM oval magazine catch?

Magic_Salad0892
03-28-11, 04:16
The one on the Glock 19/17 Pro models specifically.

Also: Didn't Rob or somebody else say that Glock is going to sell their factory threaded barrels in the US soon?

I remember he said that he's getting one from them to go in a Gen2 Glock 19, and was wondering if there was an expected release date for them. (Barrels, and/or oval magazine catch.)

M4arc
03-28-11, 06:32
Are you talking about the newer style mag catch that comes on the G17 Pro that's available in Finland?

If so don't expect to see it here in the US as it requires modification of the frame.

However there's an aftermarket one that Lone Wolf sells that is similar in concept. Check that one out.

I'll post pictures of my G19 Pro later today for you. I'm using a Vickers mag catch in mine.

Magic_Salad0892
03-28-11, 08:35
Yeah, Finnish Pro models.

I appreciate the picture.

I think that I can avoid an extended catch if the shape is change. I don't like the magazine catch protruding from the gun. With an unmodified OEM extended catch, if I lay it on my table and grab the gun, the magazine is released.

Gen4 guns don't do the same.

I'm going to start converting to Gen3 19s, and looking at my options.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Palmguy
03-28-11, 08:51
The Vickers mag release sounds like it may work for you; it is much easier to hit than the OEM Gen3 release but it won't drop the mag in the scenario you describe with a gun on the table.

Magic_Salad0892
03-28-11, 08:59
I like the look of the LWD button.

Still might do Vicker's catch.

M4arc
03-28-11, 11:13
Here's the clone I built using an extra G19.

- Glock OEM Maritime FP cups
- Glock OEM extended slide release
- Glock OEM #3.5 connector
- Glock OEM Trijicon NS.
- Vickers Tactical Mag Catch
- LW threaded barrel (black without logo)
- LW Butt Plug

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/g19proL.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/g19proR.jpg

The Vickers Mag Catch is between the stock and extended models so it won't release the mag when pressed against a flat surface like you've found with the Glock extended model.

Magic_Salad0892
03-31-11, 09:01
Thanks. That's pretty similar to what I'm going for.