PDA

View Full Version : M&P conversion barrels

ashleyh57
03-28-11, 19:57
Hi, new to the forum.

I have a good line on an inexpensive M&P40 FS. I was wanting a 9mm but how is the reliability of the conversion barrels. Currently I am set up to reload .40 as that is what I carry on duty and it would be nice to have both the .40 and the 9mm for a relatively cheap.

I just don't want to put the money into the M&P.40 and the 9mm barrel if there are significant reliability issues.

HeavyDuty
03-28-11, 21:23
Hi, and welcome!

We may be finding out together - I've been meaning to order a conversion barrel for my 40c too. I don't intend on using it for anything other than the range, though.

The people over at the M&P forum generally have good things to say about the barrels.

dc202
03-30-11, 15:54
I converted my 40C to a 9mm using a Storm Lake conversion barrel after I and S&W could not get the 40C to end its premature lockup problem.
The SL barrel has been flawless through 500 rounds of mostly hollow point ammo.

Irish10
03-30-11, 16:56
On my full size M&P 357, I have a Storm Lake 9mm conversion and a factory 40 barrel. Both dropped right in and are quite accurate of I do my part.

kartoffel
03-30-11, 17:09
Adding one more data point for Storm Lake barrels. I don't have a conversion barrel, but I do have a threaded 9mm barrel from Storm Lake and it's just fine. No fitting needed. Locks up same as the factory barrel (which is to say, tight but not crazy-match-tight). No appreciable different in accuracy with either barrel, but I find the Storm Lake happens to throw 147 grain bullets closer to my point of aim than the factory barrel.

GLOCKMASTER
03-30-11, 18:27
There are several threads already here that have discussed this topic. Please take the time to find them by using the search function at the top of the page.