PDA

View Full Version : Sight Choice

Redneck19
03-29-11, 16:47
I'm looking at the Warren Tactical sights. From some of the information I've gotten here, I'm leaning towards the .215 size (this is for a G19).

I'm pretty sure I've settled on a tritium front, but I can't decide about the rear.
I don't like the Glock factory sights, while I do like the three dot system, however, I've read that the front sight can be aqcuired quicker with no rear dots.

Is it just a personal preference thing? Is there a set method to determine which sights work better for me?

Breadman
03-29-11, 17:03
Sights on pistols (like optics on rifles) are a personal choice. I have two sets of Warrens, both on m&p's. I am not sure the size of the front sight. One of them has the large dot w/ tritium up front and one small tritium in the rear. The rear dot is barely visible in the daytime.
My other set has the big dot w/ tritium up front and nothing on the rear.
I like the Warrens a lot.
Try before you buy if possible. Just my opinion of course but I have really grown to appreciate a blacked out rear sight. The "u" notch is also nice, but I don't know if it really makes a big difference.

willowofwisp
03-29-11, 18:13
I have the three dot warren sight system, and it works pretty well for me, the dots are really subdued, I don't notice it unless its dark or low light.

aflin
03-29-11, 21:01
It's really about personal preference and what you're comfortable with. Travis Haley likes the 3-dot sights, I personally like the 2 dot diminished rear 6 o'clock hold. The more you shoot, you the more you'll know what you like.

Worse comes to worse, you can always sell the sights for close to full price on here. You won't believe how fast they sell :D

brianc142
03-29-11, 21:06
Warren is an excellent choice in whatever configuration you decide to go with. I prefer a black rear always and have used black, tritium and fiber optic fronts. I like them all.