PDA

View Full Version : Ultima suppressor

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
03-30-11, 20:58
Hey all, I have a 9mm Ultima suppressor made by Coastal Gun. I've probably ran 5 or 600 rnds through it. I'm starting to notice pitting in the baffles from lead splatter or maybe propellant? I'm not too impressed at the durability of aluminum baffles. I really didn't think about that before I bought it. Is the pitting common in Aluminum baffles? I suppose they would have to be replaced after 5K rnds or so? Thanks.

JasonM
03-31-11, 10:15
Hey all, I have a 9mm Ultima suppressor made by Coastal Gun. I've probably ran 5 or 600 rnds through it. I'm starting to notice pitting in the baffles from lead splatter or maybe propellant? I'm not too impressed at the durability of aluminum baffles. I really didn't think about that before I bought it. Is the pitting common in Aluminum baffles? I suppose they would have to be replaced after 5K rnds or so? Thanks.

Raw aluminum baffles are not a good idea at all. They do keep manufacturing costs down, so some manufacturers choose to go that way- coastal for example, and Gemtech.

Raw aluminum is indeed relatively soft. What we and some other manufacturers do is make the first (blast) baffle from stainless steel and then type 3 hardcoat anodize the following alluminum baffles. This provides an awesome balance of durability and light weight.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
03-31-11, 19:44
Thanks Jason. I've got a lot to learn about suppressors. I got Tornado technologies to thread my Beretta 92F barrel. My initial impressions with the suppressor are that I am not impressed with the accuracy.

Something is really bad off. I'm shooting way low right. It seems to be off about 3" to the right at 10 yards. I have to aim three inches to the left just to hit the target. Should the sights be re aligned on the gun to change for the suppressor? POI seems very drastically changed. I don't know if this is due to my lower cost suppressor or if all suppressors change it this much. What do you think? Thanks.

Fireman1291
04-01-11, 05:50
Id say its the suppressor on this one. It weighs 9oz clean and is almost 9" long. That will certainly not help with harmonics not to mention the baffle stack design is crude.

I've seen more than one person buy a coastal pistol can before doing research as the price is right and thats the most common factor when people get into the sport. As you stick around and learn you will find that "budget" and "NFA" are like oil n water. Buy the best you can afford, and if you cannot afford the best, wait....save... and then buy the best. You are buying the silencer for life.

Im not rich by any means....hell im a government worker. lol But ill set a goal and then buy the can I want. Even if it takes a lil while longer.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
04-02-11, 09:46
Jason, do you have a website or link to what you sell? Thanks.

JasonM
04-02-11, 10:29
http://www.advanced-armament.com

Or feel free to ask me any questions via PM here or over at Silencertalk.
There's an AAC subforum over there too.