PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment Holster on Molle

ScubaD
03-30-11, 21:14
I'm looking at the CTOMS padded belt and mounting one of my Raven Holsters to it.

How would you mount it?

To the Molle or on some drop type of apparatus?

Thanks.

Dennis

Pax
03-30-11, 23:58
Adapt it for use with 2 Mini PUPs:

http://www.bawidamann.com/store/store.html

Or Blade Tech MOLLE Loks if you want a more removable system.

http://blade-tech.com/Molle-Lok-Small-Set-of-2-pr-1027.html

Tom Fineis has said that RCS currently offers no MOLLE-compatible equipment out of the box. They have, apparently experimented with such systems, but have found their orders for belt-compatible pouches and holsters overwhelming and as a result such MOLLE-compatible systems have been put on hold. Personally, I do not prefer to mount secondaries so far from my body. With all that padding especially, the weapon tends to swing a bit when moving. I prefer a Safariland dropleg run high & tight on the thigh off the belt system, but that's just me. Tom also says he prefers an SLS or ALS, but that's just Tom. They're quite a bit of money for a holster, but I highly recommend looking into them and seeing if they're for you.

TomF
03-31-11, 11:46
The request to put our gear on MOLLE is extremely popular. While doable, we've always been vocal that it is pushing our product outside of its intended use. We build belt mounted concealment holsters, the fact that they offer a stable and fast drawstroke for overwork work is secondary.

Most MOLLE requests are for war belt setups. In that situation, we believe a dedicated system built specifically for that application will suit the user best. Safariland's SLS and ALS holsters are good examples, and they fit this niche perfectly.

My personal opinion (and it's just that....an opinion of one guy) is that a holster being used for overt work like that should have a good level II retention system.

All that said, there are a few ways to mount our gear to MOLLE. As crude as it may be, zip ties or 550 cord work pretty well. You can also select one of the belts out there that allow the user to bypass the MOLLE and attach the holster directly to the inner belt. This would be my preferred setup if I were wearing a war belt with one of our holsters. There are a few companies that make belts to do this, and our Pancake Wings work extremely well in this situation.

There are also a few options for MOLLE adaptable clips that can be mounted to the holster, then threaded to the war belt. Bawidiman's PUP's are one such system, and while we don't have extensive use on them, their design will allow you to mount our holsters up pretty well.

I relate this to asking Arredondo to make an IWB attachment for their holsters. Could it work? Sure. Is it within the scope of their product line? Not really.

The main design feature we have always built on is modularity, and that modularity may include specific MOLLE attachments in the future. We've had working prototypes of MOLLE specific attachments for some time now, but we're focusing our production efforts on the orders already in the que, and product improvements of our concealed carry line. We may offer a MOLLE system in the future, but I'm unable to quote a timeline for that project at this point.

ScubaD
03-31-11, 12:54
Thanks Tom. I love your holsters and wanted to see about the same holster for both applications. Concealed and for a warbelt type of scenerio for classes and such.

I will probably go down the drop leg path for the warbelt.

One other question for you. On the OWB soft loops, are those snaps on the front for easy on/off of a belt?

Dennis

TomF
03-31-11, 13:23
Thanks Tom. I love your holsters and wanted to see about the same holster for both applications. Concealed and for a warbelt type of scenerio for classes and such.

I'm a firm believer in running the gear I use on a daily basis in classes (or the gear I would use, should a rifle be necessary). A war belt isn't part of my possible uses, which is why I don't wear one. For some guys, a warbelt is their first line gear and it makes perfect sense to use in class. I just think secondary retention is important in those instances.

One other question for you. On the OWB soft loops, are those snaps on the front for easy on/off of a belt?

Dennis

Yes, the snap material is threaded around the belt, then snapped back to it's platform for easy on/easy off. Similar concept to a paddle, but much stronger. The picture on the website is outdated, the newest versions are a lot nicer with upgraded strut and loop materials.

Regards,

Tom