PDA

View Full Version : IL CCW seems to be gaining traction in the MSM... !

HeavyDuty
03-31-11, 08:26
And when I finally reconciled myself to the fact that IL would probably never have CCW in my lifetime!

I'm seeing much more favorable coverage in the press this time. Now that the Chiefs are on-board...

Could this be the year?

TOrrock
03-31-11, 09:04
Best of luck guys.

NavyDavy55
03-31-11, 09:45
I lived in the Chicago area for 20 years. I never thought they'd overturn the gunlaws there, but I'm glad they did.

I hope you guys get a CCW shall issue law there. I might move back then someday.

Czecher
04-06-11, 14:28
Just when you think things are moving the right way you still get comments like these...

Daley warns of guns at 'your neighborhood festival' if conceal carry measure passes state (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/04/daley-warns-of-guns-at-your-neighborhood-festival-if-conceal-carry-measure-passes-state.html)

When is this guy's last day of work? Not that Rahm will be any better but does Daley seriously think there are no guns at the Taste of Chicago? His draconian laws have worked so well in curbing crime thus far.

I do, however, enjoy reading his quotes when the papers publish his ramblings verbatim. You can read them over and over and they make no sense at all.

Irish
04-15-11, 16:06
Assemblyman will vote on "controversial" handgun law. (http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=184889)

Irish
04-15-11, 16:09
A couple of other anti-gun bills got squashed. http://www.wgil.com/localnews.php?xnewsaction=fullnews&newsarch=042011&newsid=215

MarshallDodge
04-15-11, 17:10
Good luck Illinois!

Maybe I can go back and visit my friends once something gets passed but at the moment I refuse. I wouldn't mind a hot Bueno Beef or Portillos right about now!

NavyDavy55
04-16-11, 09:06
Good luck Illinois!

Maybe I can go back and visit my friends once something gets passed but at the moment I refuse. I wouldn't mind a hot Bueno Beef or Portillos right about now!

I'd love some Portillos ribs and a chocolate malt!!!

superr.stu
05-05-11, 07:48
Heard that the bill made it out of committee, and the house may vote on it as early as today. Quinn is promising to veto if it makes it to his desk.

In similar news, around Champaign I've been hearing a lot more people in favor of concealed carry after a shootout at the mall last week.

HeavyDuty
05-05-11, 08:27
Today is the last day for votes - it's dead after this. Call your reps this morning!

HeavyDuty
05-05-11, 08:28
Heard that the bill made it out of committee, and the house may vote on it as early as today. Quinn is promising to veto if it makes it to his desk.

In similar news, around Champaign I've been hearing a lot more people in favor of concealed carry after a shootout at the mall last week.

With the 71 votes it needs due to the home rule issue Quinn's veto is meaningless.

Chameleox
05-05-11, 08:40
Hope it works out down there!
WI is looking like it might get a passable CCW law as well.

GotAmmo
05-05-11, 09:29
I lived in the Chicago area for 20 years. I never thought they'd overturn the gunlaws there, but I'm glad they did.

I hope you guys get a CCW shall issue law there. I might move back then someday.

if it happens... i'll join you... just not to Chicago though

ryr8828
05-05-11, 16:39
5 votes short. Someone got promised presents from Quinn, Emmanuel, and Daley.

Ned Christiansen
05-06-11, 23:33
The sportsman's paradise that is Illinois will not always be under the thumb of corrupt, big-city dealmakers. You guys are winning, bit by bit, don't give up. I've met hundreds and hundreds of upstate cops in the last ten years, and have yet to hear one declare any love and respect for the machine; plenty have voiced their disgust on the other hand. Nor have I heard one come out against private ownership of guns, while I have heard a great many say they favor it. Some of them have the guts to go high-profile on the subject..... you are not without friends in your struggle.

dreamer56
05-07-11, 14:26
Thanks Ned - lots of folks throughout Illinois are still working on this - it is frustrating but it can be won - just have to keep at it -

Mr. Goodtimes
05-08-11, 13:54
It would be really nice if IL got CCW and recognized Florida's permit as well. Chicago is somewhere near the top of where I would expect to need a gun.

CleverNickname
05-08-11, 22:42
It would be really nice if IL got CCW and recognized Florida's permit as well. Chicago is somewhere near the top of where I would expect to need a gun.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere in the bill's text where it included any reciprocity with other states. It did include the ability for an out-of-state resident to get an Illinois license, but that's it.

DaBears_85
07-06-11, 17:09
Just when you think things are moving the right way you still get comments like these...

Daley warns of guns at 'your neighborhood festival' if conceal carry measure passes state (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/04/daley-warns-of-guns-at-your-neighborhood-festival-if-conceal-carry-measure-passes-state.html)

When is this guy's last day of work? Not that Rahm will be any better but does Daley seriously think there are no guns at the Taste of Chicago? His draconian laws have worked so well in curbing crime thus far.

I do, however, enjoy reading his quotes when the papers publish his ramblings verbatim. You can read them over and over and they make no sense at all.

I couldn't get past the first paragraph...

Outgoing Mayor Richard Daley warned today of a city in which parks, college campuses, malls and other public places could be crowded with gun toting citizens if the General Assembly passes a bill allowing Illinois residents to carry concealed weapons.

As opposed to the droves of gun toting criminals who wander the streets of Chicago on a daily basis? ****ing moron. :lol:

By the way, I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I obviously missed it when it was first posted. Do we have any new information regarding the CCW issue in Illinois?

J

Scorpion
07-23-11, 06:48
Seconded. I haven't heard anything since it didn't pass. Don't let this issue die.

Was there anything in that law that allowed for reciprocity with other states?

jmoore
07-23-11, 07:26
Seconded. I haven't heard anything since it didn't pass. Don't let this issue die.

Was there anything in that law that allowed for reciprocity with other states?

Things have slowed some:( There was the attempt to push through a "county-by-county" CCW - which would be a REAL nightmare in terms of administration and travel. Other than that, no "big" news of late.

What would help the most is if Chicago/Crook County would either, a) separate from the country to form the 51st state, or b) if they would simply fall into Lake Michigan:)

The pessimist that I am says - "I'll believe it when I see it."

john