PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers 3 Day Pistol/Carbine 1, 27-29 July, 2007 Fayetteville, NC Area

zushwa
05-23-07, 07:39
This 3 day pistol/carbine class consists of 1 day pistol, 1 day carbine, and 1 day combined. It involves the basics of both weapons and some intermediate tactical skill drills. This would be considered a combination introductory and intermediate course. Below are the descriptions for the introductory classes from LAV’s webpage www.vickerstactical.com

Pistol I - Introductory Level
This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Carbine I – Introductory Level
For shooters who have had at least a basic carbine class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. Topics covered include basic carbine topics and the following: malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Nightfire will depend on time of year and range restrictions. Class equipment is the same as the carbine basic with the addition of a weapon mounted flashlight and service pistol (minimum 9mm para caliber).

This is a highly desired class. Students in the past have felt that for the time and money spent it is one of the best courses of its type available.

Cost is $575. Please contact me for questions and registration

zushwa
06-23-07, 08:01
This class is only about a month away. Contact me if you would like to attend.

Thanks,

zushwa
07-11-07, 12:21
Here are a couple photos from last years class.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/zushwa/PICTUR98.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/zushwa/PICTUR34.jpg

Contact me for a spot.

Thanks,

zushwa
07-19-07, 18:36
This class will be rescheduled for later this year. An agency had several students back out for other commitments. Please pay attention to this forum for other upcoming LAV classes.

Thanks,

Greyman09
07-19-07, 18:51
I will be there later in the year.

HolyRoller
07-19-07, 22:41
Now I can stop kicking myself for not being able to be there next weekend. I took the 2-day Carbine I last year and that was extremely valuable. I need all the help I can afford. Let us know when it's back on.

NCPatrolAR
07-20-07, 04:07
Sad to hear the class has been rescheduled, but good news in a way. Now it looks like I might be able to take this one after all. :D

Heavy Metal
07-22-07, 15:46
I might well be up for later this year.

Call me a pussy if you must but the very thought of Fayetteville NC the end of July makes me feel like a melting popsicle.