PDA

View Full Version : Federal Agents Told to Reduce Border Arrests, Arizona Sheriff Says

Packman73
04-01-11, 13:49
Federal Agents Told to Reduce Border Arrests, Arizona Sheriff Says

An Arizona sheriff says U.S. Border Patrol officials have repeatedly told him they have been ordered to reduce -- at times even stop -- arrests of illegal immigrants caught trying to cross the U.S. border.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/01/exclusive-federal-agents-told-reduce-border-arrests-arizona-sheriff-says/

Not suprising but it still pisses me off big time.

mr_smiles
04-01-11, 14:09
Border enforcement will never stop illegal immigration, it's a feel good thing that results in nothing but billions being burned through.

Want to stop the majority of illegal immigration enforce employment laws, no work no reason to cross the border.

Packman73
04-01-11, 14:18
Want to stop the majority of illegal immigration enforce employment laws, no work no reason to cross the border.

Accept to run drugs and guns...

mr_smiles
04-01-11, 14:26
Accept to run drugs and guns...

Legalize it, alcohol alone has resulted in over 700,000 deaths since 01 in this country, add in tobacco, pharmaceutical abuse etc, crack starts to looks pretty innocent. Not to mention being unregulated like alcohol or tobacco it's easier to get a rock of crack than it is a bottle of jack if you're not of the legal age.

And most street drugs have a stigma associated with them, that's why they're currently illegal, it's not as if you'll get a crowd of people lining up to free base meth just because they can now do so with out the fear of prosecution. Look at decriminalization of pot and you don't find a spike in users, you just find a savings in having to hold people in municipal jails.

Belmont31R
04-01-11, 14:32
Border enforcement will never stop illegal immigration, it's a feel good thing that results in nothing but billions being burned through.

They come over for a lot of reasons besides work. Like popping babies out and then getting welfare.

Changing the employment laws would require enforcement which isn't even happening with the laws we do have, and people to actually follow the laws. They'd still be paying these guys cash under the table for 5/hr.

mr_smiles
04-01-11, 14:49
They come over for a lot of reasons besides work. Like popping babies out and then getting welfare.

Changing the employment laws would require enforcement which isn't even happening with the laws we do have, and people to actually follow the laws. They'd still be paying these guys cash under the table for 5/hr.

It's still more viable than manning a big ass open border. And I agree labor laws aren't being enforced and should be. $5hr isn't what supports the little bastards, it's getting that union job for $45hr prevailing wage. While it's obvious that Jesus who can't speak but two words of English has no business on a job site building a government building.a

When I was a kid and we owned our slum apartments I would watch them move in 5-6 families in to one apartment in our building, and as each got a real job they would move out and rotate in a new batch. The day labor stuff is only to get them on their feet to buy the proper documents and "assimilate" in to the American job market.

And no you couldn't just evict them, it wasn't that simple. And would have cost more money than it was worth to go through the legal channels. It wasn't like it was the ritz. They did break the washers a shitload the little bastards probably ran a laundering service from their apartments.

chadbag
04-01-11, 15:34
It is not an either-or. You need to enforce the border AND enforce the employment laws. Attack the problem from both ends.

And it is not just day laborers or pregnant women coming across the border. (And I am not talking drugs either).

kal
04-01-11, 15:47
alcohol alone has resulted in over 700,000 deaths since 01 in this country

Where did you get this number from?

Because that turns out to be around 190 death a DAY for ten years.

I don't think that's true.

austinN4
04-01-11, 16:49
It is not an either-or. You need to enforce the border AND enforce the employment laws. Attack the problem from both ends.
I've been saying this for years and still do. Gotta do both!

mr_smiles
04-01-11, 16:55
Where did you get this number from?

Because that turns out to be around 190 death a DAY for ten years.

I don't think that's true.

Add deaths caused by drunk driving, domestic murders committed by people under the influence of alcohol, pancreatic diseases caused by the consumption of alcohol, alcohol poisoning, and just all the other bad shit booze brings.

I'm sure a LEO can chime in, but when I was working on going in to LE in 06 (changed my mind due to drug enforcement policy) the biggest risk we where told was some one who was intoxicated, they like to fight and are full of emotions and just don't rationalize shit all that well. How many sober people beat their partner or children?

People do stupid shit when drunk, not to say that a heroin junky doesn't but it's a whole different kind of stupid. A opiate junky sleeps all day and eventually OD's, a coke & meth addict can be just as dangerous I'll admit that. But why glorify the use of one while demonizing the others.

mr_smiles
04-01-11, 17:09
(And I am not talking drugs either).

Are you really afraid of terrorist? When was the last time a terrorist truly affected your life other than the shit the government has passed due to "terrorism".

The thing with terrorism is you can't build safe guards against it, if you could it wouldn't be terrorism. ;)

This bs lie's that terrorist are going to flood the borders is just that, a bunch of bs. We've been hearing this for decades, even before the events of 9/11, it was the same bs when it was the reds and not the browns.

Most of these crazy Islam ****ers have things like doctorates and can easily get work visas, they're not idiots - simply irrational crazy ****ers.

Why cross a border pretending like they're some kind of Mexican and risk getting caught when they can just fly virgin air first class from heathrow and come right through jfk and have some good 'ol Cinnabon.

glocktogo
04-01-11, 17:54
Y'all are missing the point. Janet Napolitano had them stop arresting illegal immigrants so the numbers would allow her to say the border area is "safer", because they're not arresting as many. This was done so they could say that AZ's efforts are unnecessary.

This "border war" has never been about illegal immigrants OR enforcing our nation's laws. It's about control and money. The government controls us, and they're controlled by the money. Nothing else is really relevant anymore.