PDA

View Full Version : GAP-10

theoak
04-01-11, 21:27
I was going to order a GAP .308 built on a DPMS, but I just saw that they came out with the GAP-10. The upper and lower receivers are manufactured by Patriot Ordnance, however it uses a DI rather than a piston system. Has anyone ordered one yet?

I originally wanted an SR-25 EM, but $2,560 for the GAP-10 seems more reasonable than $4,100+, as I could spend the extra $1,500 on a NF 2.5-10x.

KAC Lover
04-01-11, 22:25
I've always heard good things about the GAP guns, but I've never found myself craving for one. At the end of the day I know I'd have a problem with spending $2500 on a gun that had DPMS etched on the side, regardless of how well it performed (one of my first AR's was a DPMS and it performed horrendously, kind of left me with a deep seated hatred for that stupid looking panther, much like the one I harbor for its cousin the big lipped snake.) You can't go wrong with the KAC, they make some amazing guns.

theoak
04-01-11, 23:29
I thought the same thing about the GAP built DPMS. I was almost going to buy the GAP built Armalite, but I wanted to use PMags. The new GAP-10 is built with POF upper and lower receivers, although I don't think it says POF on it anywhere.

I would buy an SR-25, but $4,000?

Belmont31R
04-02-11, 00:39
If you are looking at a nice precision rig in a semi 308 look at the MWS with SS barrel or the LaRue OBR.

I would actually like the LMT lower with the LaRue upper.

I would stay away from anything DPMS.

Kchen986
04-02-11, 05:29
You mosey on over to Snipershide? They have some good threads regarding the GAP10.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=809141

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2461743

I don't think anyone has given the 2011 GAP10 a good shakedown yet, but, Georgia Precision seems to have a well earned reputation.

If had $4k to spend on a semi-auto precision rifle, it would be a toss-up between the GAP10 and the Larue OBR.

shittercrewchief
04-02-11, 07:58
Georgia Precision seems to have a well earned reputation.

Do you mean G.A. Precision?

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-02-11, 10:40
I don't think anyone has given the 2011 GAP10 a good shakedown yet, but, Georgia Precision seems to have a well earned reputation.

Do you mean G.A. Precision?

Did George get snipped??? They are in KC, aren't they?

For a long time it seemed that the GAP AR10/SR25 pattern rifles where about the only widely sold big ARs that had some kind of accuracy claim or guarantee below the KAC price point. There are a lot more entrants into the field now with the LMT MWS, and Larue OBR to name two. You can throw JP in there too if you are talking target shooting too.

I'd rather shoot a DI than piston gun in 308 to help even out the recoil impulse.

Nothing wrong with the GAP, but there are options, great options out there now.

Kchen986
04-02-11, 11:42
Whoops. Yes, GA Precision.