PDA

View Full Version : Troy Ambi Magazine Release

Iraqgunz
04-02-11, 02:37
Is anyone here using the Troy Ambi Magazine Release? Mine just arrived today. Easy to install and pretty easy to manipulate. I'd like to hear feedback from others if you have one.

Stan9106
04-02-11, 06:20
I have one on one of my rifles. I like it a lot.

I shoot long guns left handed, so it really speeds up reloads to be able to drop the empty mag with the strong hand trigger finger while reaching for the new mag with the weak hand.

I have noticed it is possible to drop the mag by accident when reaching for the bolt release, but I figure that's just a matter of practice, practice and more practice.

PT Doc
04-02-11, 06:39
I switched to one from a Norgon and think the Troy is much better. As a lefty, it's much easier to activate it with a quick push of the index finger. Seemed like I had to be aligned JUST right on the Norgon sometimes or it could be difficult. Not the case with the Troy.

bnanaphone
04-02-11, 10:19
I have had one for a few weeks now and like how easy it is to manipulate/facilitate mag changes for a south paw. Easy to install and much easier to use than the ambi-mag release on my LMT ambi lower.

The issue on the ambi lower is how the mag release sits in a recessed area. You need to be spit on or it may not activate. The troy unit eliminates this issue.

I will definitely be buying another for my other lower.

slomo
04-02-11, 10:42
Full time south paw here. Love the Troy mag release and the position of the lever for index finger release. This and a Badd-ass ambi selector have removed most of the AR design liability for left hand use.

Dave_M
04-02-11, 11:23
I like the design. Any problems with it inadvertently releasing the magazine (during transition or...?).

Magic_Salad0892
04-02-11, 11:32
My girlfriend has gone from Norgon to Troy (She wasn't able to find the KAC one I told her to get, and she bought the next best thing) she noted that she could actually use the Troy one, as her hand is too small and fingers too long to hit the Norgon one every time, (This is with a Tango Down BG-16 pistol grip) and she is pretty pleased with the Troy unit.

This is on a Daniel Defence lower, with BAD-ASS 45 degree selector (once again, couldn't find the KAC unit I told her to look for).

I haven't shot with it yet. My sister is going for the same setup on her DD lower.

cop1211
04-02-11, 17:11
Thats all I run now on my 4 lowers I'm a lefty and have used the Norgon and KAC didnt like the Norgon, KAC was fine. For me the Troy is just easier to use and faster . I havnt had any accidental releases.