PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson BG 380

txpatriot
04-03-11, 18:48
Hi all,
i just got a S+W BG 380. I will be bringing it out to test it with a few hundred rounds of fmj to break it in this week.
After breaking in I will load it with Corbon hp's or gold dots or something similiar
Anyone have any thoughts/experience with these.
it will be my on person carry gun.
thanks for your opinions

dtibbals
04-03-11, 19:46
I bought one back in December 2010 and I feel the build quality is better than the Kel-Tec or Ruger which is why I bought it. I could really care less about the laser, in all reality with a pistol like this it is most likely 10 yards or less. I have tried making shots at 25 yards, you can do it but it isn't easy. Really has nothing to do with being short it is the mile long trigger pull! The only thing I really don't like about the pistol is the length of the trigger pull, I don't mind double action but damn you run out of finger, I am not sure if the other little 380's are better or not but I am up in the air on this one so far. I have around 500 rounds through mine and it is picky on ammo. I had some failure to fire with Pervi and another cheap 380 ammo (can't remember the name). It has worked 100% with Remington UMC and Winchester white box. I carry Winchester PDX 1 95 grain HP Bonded ammo. It has also been 100%. Never had any other problems, and all the FTF where fixed by pulling the trigger again. I went with the boned ammo after doing some reading about the 380. Bottom line is even if the PDX doesn't properly expand it will penetrate over 23" which is damn good...when expanding it maintains 100% of it's weight and will do 11-12" of penetration. Of all the ammo choices the PDX (winchester ranger) Bonded seems to be the best choice. I would like to take a class with the pistol but I haven't done it yet...bottom line is I like the pistol but the trigger keeps it from being a great little pistol.

David