PDA

View Full Version : US Made Glock Frames

brushy bill
04-04-11, 21:45
Tried the search function on this but located next to nothing except potentially 100% US made Glock.

Anyone noted any differences in the Austrian and Smyrna built polymer frames?

I didn't realize 17/22 type frames were being produced domestically, but they have been for a few years. Identified by lack of "made in Austria" on side of frame and one line Glock Inc Smyran GA instead of two line protocol with Austrian reference.

While it may seem there wouldn't be a difference, not intuitive as the SIGs I purchased prior to abandoning that brand were very loose potentially due to mixture of GE and US made components with regard to slide and frame fit.

Your thoughts?

novaDAK
04-05-11, 09:09
I see no difference at all, other than markings of course.

brushy bill
04-06-11, 09:36
Thanks. Wasn't sure if there would be a difference.

SWAT Lt.
04-06-11, 18:23
I have a G34 with an American frame and it runs just fine.

dsg2003gt
04-11-11, 21:26
I have a G34 with an American frame and it runs just fine.

i have a 17...same as above...

samuse
04-11-11, 22:46
Had a US made 17, didn't even notice for quite some time. Just as good as an Austrian.

brushy bill
04-12-11, 20:57
Had a US made 17, didn't even notice for quite some time. Just as good as an Austrian.

Thanks. I picked one up and didn't realize it was US until it was mine. Had a real bad run with a 239 SIG with the US slide and GE frame (or vice versa...can't recall). Ordered it and never noticed anything unusual when I picked it up. PCS'd a few days later and it was some time before I actually got it to the range. Anyway, rattled like a box of rocks in a coffe can. Sent it back to SIG and when it returned still rattled. Didn't know if there was some similar gremlins with the US frame.

samuse
04-13-11, 08:17
I've never heard of any problems with the US Glock frames. I probably never would have noticed mine was made here, but I saw a thread on the internet and went and checked all my Glocks.

markm
04-13-11, 08:32
The Austrian frames are HP and MPI'd!!:p

M4arc
04-13-11, 19:22
The Austrian frames are HP and MPI'd!!:p

:sarcastic:

markm
04-13-11, 20:16
He's ALIVE!!! :eek:

evolixsurf
04-13-11, 23:35
Here is an article I just read today...

"How does the U.S.-imported Glock differ from your Austrian and Norwegian service pistols?”

We were told that the only differences, aside from markings, are that to the U.S. pistol was added the molded-in serial number plate in the polymer frame, and the rear sight that is click-adjustable for elevation. Period.

seen here: http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/glock-17-pistol-history-review/

I do not know how factual this is.