PDA

View Full Version : More M&P Pistol Questions...

davebee456
04-04-11, 23:20
Question about newer sights on the M&P's I want to commit to a MidSize 45 M&P but I definitely want the newer stepped rear sight.
What year were they introduced and were they introduced with the M&P's with the newer silver striker?

Is there a serial number range that i can ask about with Budsgunshop or Galleryofguns???

any pictures of the new sights?

Steve S.
04-05-11, 02:22
These are the best pics I have on hand right now. You are just looking for a step instead of a slope.

Also, on the box the gun comes in - you have a white SKU sticker. Under the SKU number there is a 4 digit number. The first number is the year and the next three numbers are the day of that year. For example - 9025 would be January 25th, 2009. Or 0112 would be somewhere in April 2010. Just ask Buds or whomever for this 4 digit number. I'm not sure on the exact date, but after April 10 has the silver striker and stepped sights. I also believe the stepped sights (aside from the Mass. sear plunger) were the last upgrade. So just look for the stepped rear sight.

If no one posts better pics by tomorrow - I'll get a close up shot for you. If you click and close up on the rear sight - you can see the stepped sight.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/PersonalSecurity/DSC02524.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/PersonalSecurity/DSC02521-1.jpg

davebee456
04-05-11, 17:00
Buds told me they do not know because the boxes are in a warehouse in a separate state.
Another thing some poster told me at M&P Pistol forums said that the Dark Earth Frame was weaker than Black Frames so around the time of the silver striker s&w reinforced the Dark Earth Frames sounds like hogwash..but stranger has been true in the past.

C4IGrant
04-05-11, 19:26
All the M&P's we have in stock have the latest sights on them and we also have RCS holsters for the mid-framed M&P 45 in stock. ;)

C4

davebee456
04-05-11, 19:36
A mid sized M&P45 with Thumb Safety is what I am looking for.