PDA

View Full Version : Eotac?

ColdDeadHands
04-05-11, 09:24
I've been at Top Brass in Houston recently and been told that Eotac is out of business. Is this true or just a rumor? Seems like the eotac site is down also. Sorry if this is old news...it wasn't to me. If this information is false please feel free to close this thread.

chadbag
04-05-11, 09:35
Their facebook page seems to be still up

http://www.facebook.com/EOTAC

????

Abraxas
04-05-11, 09:51
There is another thread about summer pants, but someone said they went tango uniform.

bulbvivid
04-05-11, 10:11
I saw that post by Iraq Ninja in the summer pants thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=961719&postcount=3

Here's a short post about it on soldiersystems.net: http://soldiersystems.net/2011/03/31/breaking-news-eotac-website-offline/

That's too bad. I like the Eotac products I own.

MarkG
04-05-11, 10:12
Shuttered as of March 31...

ColdDeadHands
04-05-11, 10:30
I guess that confirms it. Woolrich Elite is a separate company - right?

MarkG
04-05-11, 12:19
Eotac is part of the Freedom Group I believe. I do not think there was/is any affiliation with Woolrich.

ffhounddog
04-05-11, 14:11
They are my favorite pants. Dam Dam Dam. I love my EOTAC Jacket.

13MPG
04-05-11, 21:50
That’s a darn shame. I wonder why FG killed them?

chadbag
04-05-11, 21:53
One of the comments on the soldiersystems link claims that the EOTAC line is being rebranded under the Mountain Khaki line of clothing (I guess another FG clothing company) :suicide2:

(look at the Mountain Khaki line to see why: "MK manufactures the highest quality, best looking, best fitting, durable and comfortable apparel purposefully designed for the rugged, "MetroSexual" outdoor lifestyle.")

Heartland Hawk
04-06-11, 17:23
I couldn't care less! I always knew their holo sights were junk!:D:jester:

Belmont31R
04-06-11, 17:26

Eotac not EOTech dummy....:p

Heartland Hawk
04-07-11, 08:02

aaaannnnndd......The joke!:D

chadbag
04-08-11, 13:24
M4C member KaBar762 PMed me his interaction with Mountain Khakis asking about the "metrosexual" reference. He cannot yet posted in the GD and said I could post this for him as it is kind of funny. (Remember the rumor is that FG is merging the EOTAC line with Mountain Khakis)

---

"Hey "KaBar762" - thanks for reaching out to Mountain Khakis.

You actually brought to our attention that we had a typo on our home page and we have corrected it. The word should have been MountainSexual as referred to in the Urban Dictionary (MK is part of the definition).

Thanks again!

Regards,

Erin Fagan

Mountain Khakis

Marketing Coordinator

720 B South Summit Ave.

Charlotte, NC 28208

704.927.4631 (direct)"

---

The urban dictionary entry: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mountainsexual

Not sure that EOTAC line is a fit to Mountain Khakis

markm
04-08-11, 13:27

Yeah! Just get an Aimpoint. :confused:

Ridge_Runner_5
04-09-11, 20:25
Eotac is part of the Freedom Group I believe. I do not think there was/is any affiliation with Woolrich.

A Woolrich rep told me Eeotac was made up of people who left Woolrich.

ColdDeadHands
04-09-11, 20:43
I just ordered a bunch of Woolrich & Eotac clothes on closeout from botach for dirt cheap.

nickdrak
04-13-11, 11:29
Im curious if this has anything to do with the delay in releasing the Panteao "Make Ready" (Paul Howe, Dave Harrington, etc.) videos??? Panteao is run by the same guy who started Eotac I believe???

Iraq Ninja
04-13-11, 13:43
Im curious if this has anything to do with the delay in releasing the Panteao "Make Ready" (Paul Howe, Dave Harrington, etc.) videos??? Panteao is run by the same guy who started Eotac I believe???

They appear to be live and for sale. You can also download the videos, which is a great idea.

Lightfighter.net has a very good discussion on the EOTAC situation, including a post from Carlos, the founder.

Iraq Ninja
04-13-11, 13:50
Oops, looks like the DVDs are still pre-order.

For $150 a year, you can stream all the videos. I guess they learned a few things from the Adult film industry :).

nickdrak
04-13-11, 13:56
Yep, I have been checking the site on an almost daily basis to see if the videos were available to order yet. They must have just updated the site in the past couple of days. Good news.

Fernando Coelho
04-13-11, 18:14
Hi All – To the best of my knowledge, the doors at the EOTAC facility in West Columbia were closed and Remington shut the company down. I have heard all kinds of rumors ranging from them planning to re-launch the line to the EOTAC designs being rebranded under the other clothing company that Remington owns – Mountain Khaki. Since I haven’t heard any of this first hand, I can’t say one way or the other.

What I do know is when I started EOTAC, I had the best team of beta-testers that put our designs through the paces and gave us excellent feedback. What we quickly learned was that support from “big brother” was not forthcoming as we thought it would be and we were pretty much on our own to launch a brand new line of clothing. The face of the market had also changed a great deal. When I first put together the Elite Series clothing line for Woolrich, the only real competition was 5.11 Tactical. By the time I launched EOTAC, every uniform company out there jumped on the “tactical” clothing bandwagon. While that is great for the consumer it is a royal pain when establishing a new brand.

We had great designs (in my opinion) in the Operator Grade line and the Direct Action line was poised to be a top notch pant/shirt/smock combo. Unfortunately I was already gone when the pre-production samples arrived and no one was left to fix mistakes the factory made. Even the A-TACS camo didn’t have a chance to hit the market. The biggest kick in the rear was watching the clothing being dumped on Sportsman’s Guide and Botach Tactical at below cost.

The brand simply didn’t have enough time to get legs under it and big brother wanted instant gratification with unrealistic expectations. That’s it in a nutshell about EOTAC.

Since leaving EOTAC last June I started a video production company (yeah, a little different than clothing) and I’m proud to announce that the site is now live.

We are offering instructional videos in both DVD and streaming video right from our website. To date we have filmed ten instructors and fourteen video titles in preparation for the launc. We are filming additional videos throughout the rest of the year with both new instructors as well as ones we already filmed.

Our subject matter ranges from competitive shooting to home defense, tactical, etc. The DVD portion of the website is live and hopefully by the end of the week, we will have the streaming portion completed and live.

When you have a chance please stop by the website (http://www.panteaoproductions.com) and check it out.

CLHC
04-13-11, 23:53
Since leaving EOTAC last June I started a video production company (yeah, a little different than clothing) and I’m proud to announce that the site is now live.

We are offering instructional videos in both DVD and streaming video right from our website. To date we have filmed ten instructors and fourteen video titles in preparation for the launch. We are filming additional videos throughout the rest of the year with both new instructors as well as ones we already filmed.

Our subject matter ranges from competitive shooting to home defense, tactical, etc. The DVD portion of the website is live and hopefully by the end of the week, we will have the streaming portion completed and live.

When you have a chance please stop by the website (http://www.panteaoproductions.com) and check it out.
Awesome! Now how cool is that!

skyugo
04-14-11, 02:29

that's what i was thinkin, but i am a few beers deep :suicide2: