PDA

View Full Version : HK LEM question

Spiffums
04-05-11, 17:58
I converted my USP 45 to LEM a while back and have shot it only a few times since. Everything works as it should but "feels" kinda light in the trigger pull. I know the word feel is subjective but I can't think of any other way to describe it. I ended up using the original trigger return spring and original hammer spring.

I guess the question I want to ask is should the LEM feel like the single action trigger pull or should it be a little heavier?

F-Trooper05
04-05-11, 18:25
The light LEM should feel about the same as an SA trigger. If you want it heavier, put in the LEM TRS and/or hammer spring.

rathos
04-06-11, 01:46
every LEM I have fired has felt lighter then a double action shot in the same weight. The last LEM I fired was around 8 lbs, but it felt less then the 4 lbs single action on my sig.

jwperry
04-06-11, 01:52
I converted my USP 45 to LEM a while back and have shot it only a few times since. Everything works as it should but "feels" kinda light in the trigger pull. I know the word feel is subjective but I can't think of any other way to describe it. I ended up using the original trigger return spring and original hammer spring.

Mostly because of the lighter trigger spring, but this is why your trigger feels really light.
When I did my HK45c, I left the original trigger return spring in there and it had a stupid light trigger...it also reset very poorly.
I have since become a fan of using the light hammer spring and the heavy LEM trigger return spring, this gives the trigger a good tactile reset but not too heavy on the take up.

steve126a
04-12-11, 14:30
All my LEMs are pretty light. I too was surprised the first time I shot it. Just reading the fact that it was "double action" set me up thinking it was going to be like other double actions that I had shot in the past. Needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised with the lightness of the LEM trigger.