PDA

View Full Version : Issue with mounting an LMT BUIS

ZRH
04-05-11, 18:41
Just like the title of the thread. I got a new upper today (BCM) and had an old LMT BUIS lying around. It's been 4 years since it was installed on anything. I line it up so the screw portion is two slots forward from the back and put the fixed side on the rail and try to move the loose part over the other side, no joy. Tried the other way, also no joy. Tried loosening it more, but I don't want to break it.

Am I having a brain fart here? All my other mounts are throw levers. I seem to remember there was a trick to mounting it but I can't seem to find it. This BUIS has been on other flattops so I know it "goes."

Iraqgunz
04-05-11, 18:48
You need to back the screw out more, then put it on the rail.

Just like the title of the thread. I got a new upper today (BCM) and had an old LMT BUIS lying around. It's been 4 years since it was installed on anything. I line it up so the screw portion is two slots forward from the back and put the fixed side on the rail and try to move the loose part over the other side, no joy. Tried the other way, also no joy. Tried loosening it more, but I don't want to break it.

Am I having a brain fart here? All my other mounts are throw levers. I seem to remember there was a trick to mounting it but I can't seem to find it. This BUIS has been on other flattops so I know it "goes."

ZRH
04-05-11, 19:09