PDA

View Full Version : It's official...I'm living in Gotham City

Gutshot John
04-05-11, 19:15
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11095/1137149-348.stm

I couldn't agree more.

My brother in law had his 15 minutes about a month ago when he spied Christopher Nolan scouting locations in Pittsburgh and snapped a picture that went viral.

http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/nolan-pittsburgh.jpg

markdh720
04-05-11, 20:04
I'm disappointed they're not coming back to Chicago, bu good for Pittsburgh.

Besides missing the shots of Chicago in the movie, the stimulation to the local economy will be missed as well. I have picked up extra work at several movies in the past couple years and have come to appreciate how much money goes to local businesses and employees, albeit temporarily.

bkb0000
04-05-11, 20:16
bale won an oscar? elohel

i've actually been a christian bale "fan" (i just think he's an under-rated actor) since American Psycho... but i never would have thought him "oscar material." seems you have to be a joke/sellout to win one of those.

but i guess, after that barbaric tirade he unleashed on the Salvation set, he just might be enough of a pompous asshole to be worthy of such an "award."

looking forward to the flick.. i've liked the "dark knight" movies so far.

SteyrAUG
04-05-11, 23:03
bale won an oscar? elohel

i've actually been a christian bale "fan" (i just think he's an under-rated actor) since American Psycho... but i never would have thought him "oscar material." seems you have to be a joke/sellout to win one of those.

but i guess, after that barbaric tirade he unleashed on the Salvation set, he just might be enough of a pompous asshole to be worthy of such an "award."

looking forward to the flick.. i've liked the "dark knight" movies so far.

You probably go back farther than that, if you liked Empire of the Sun, that was Christian Bale as well. And I thought he did an outstanding job in that film.

orionz06
04-06-11, 07:35
Pretty cool, but as much as I love this town, part of me also enjoys the idea that no one knows how nice it really can be. Hopefully the weather and hills are enough to keep people away.

sadmin
04-06-11, 08:08
You probably go back farther than that, if you liked Empire of the Sun, that was Christian Bale as well. And I thought he did an outstanding job in that film.

Completely agree; Swingkids is good as well. Im not sure why hes been overlooked for so long, I have always liked the guy. Hes no Daniel Day-Lewis, but not many are. Good to see another Dark Knight film coming out, but I see they have Bane in this one. Uh-Oh.

BrianS
04-06-11, 14:39

Yes, especially for his age at the time. There was some heavy emotional content in that film and he portrayed it very well. He also played a luggage boy in Henry V, lol. Think he only had 2 lines in that one though.

The biggest tragedy of the Dark Knight series is the whole OD thing with Heath Ledger. A good bad guy makes a movie like that, and he was clearly supposed to make appearances in a sequel eventually. All my favorite scenes in Dark Knight are Ledger as the Joker going on those long crazy rants.