PDA

View Full Version : Why is FailZero gone from the Manufacterer's page?

Magic_Salad0892
04-06-11, 09:28
Title.

STAFF
04-06-11, 10:14
They chose to not sponsor the forum any more. A lot of their employees have either quit or were let go.

Magic_Salad0892
04-06-11, 12:05
Thank you for the reply.

Does anybody know if the company is downsizing or anything? Or if they're still going to be around?

Abraxas
04-06-11, 17:34
That sucks

An Undocumented Worker
04-06-11, 17:57
Maybe they couldn't get enough bolt carriers to continue operations.:p

But mr Staff man seems to bring grim news regarding their future outlook.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-06-11, 22:08
I'm honestly not surprised they are downsizing. The full kit requires changing the upper receiver and getting rid of your match or other aftermarket trigger.

kartoffel
04-07-11, 00:05
Maybe they couldn't get enough bolt carriers to continue operations.:p

Plenty of people have begged them to let them send in bolt carriers for coating. If I remember FailZero's comments, they refused because they preferred to do big batches and couldn't be bothered to sort through lots of individual owners' parts.

Don't want to do the grunt work... you don't stay in business. Sucks for them.

BTW, FailZero, if you're still in business I've got a ton of parts I'd love to have coated.

500grains
04-07-11, 06:50
They have a banner on TOS. Maybe their subscription did not run out yet.

Magic_Salad0892
04-07-11, 14:44
Damn. I loved FailZero. Looks like I'll be going to WMD Guns instead for Nickel Boron treatment.

No Bananas
04-15-11, 00:44
They chose to not sponsor the forum any more. A lot of their employees have either quit or were let go.

So they're out of business? I htought their stuff was selling really well, and that the Nickel Boron stuff was supposed to be better than sliced bread. How'd they let that slip through their fingers?

Their website is still up..?????

Eurodriver
04-15-11, 02:53
So they're out of business? I htought their stuff was selling really well, and that the Nickel Boron stuff was supposed to be better than sliced bread. How'd they let that slip through their fingers?

Their website is still up..?????

Just because they chose not to sponsor M4C doesn't mean they're out of business.

Redmanfms
04-15-11, 05:10
Just because they chose not to sponsor M4C doesn't mean they're out of business.

I think he was responding to the comment about the staff being laid off.

No Bananas
04-15-11, 09:54
Yes. Why all the staff lay-offs or leavings? Just curious.

graffex
04-15-11, 09:57
Why don't you email them and find out instead of speculating?

No Bananas
04-15-11, 10:25
Good call. I'm sure that if I e-mail them and ask if they are going out of business or why they are having mass lay-offs/exodus they'll give me a long, detailed, explanation. What company that's having issues would even respond to that. Lord knows if I had a business going down the tubes and a customer e-mailed me, I'd say "Yes, we have credit problems, supply issues, I couldn't pay my employees and they left"...or whatever the situation happened to be. Yeah, right:blink:!! I'd say we were "engaged in restructuring" and nothing further. Tell you what, I'll send them an e-mail...just for you.....let's see what they say.....

I asked questions. I never speculated. I was inquiring for clarification of a statement MADE BY A BOARD SENIOR STAFF MEMBER. It's logical to assume there's more information when a comment like that is made. There's nothing wrong with asking questions about the implications of a statement made....especially by a staff member.

No Bananas
04-15-11, 10:37
Here's the e-mail I sent to all three e-mail addresses on their site:

Hi There,
There seems to be an unpleasant rumor floating around the net that many FZ employees were laid off or left. It has caused some folks, like me, to question if Fail Zero is having issues. I've noticed many of the online distributors are out of stock of your product. However, I see that the products are available for order on your site.
As a customer, and possible repeat customer, I'd like to know if the products for order on the site are in stock, and if the your distributors will have your products back in stock in the future? Lastly, I'd like to ask if there is any need for concern of the longevity of the compnay. Thank you for your time.

No Bananas
04-29-11, 22:21
Well, here we are two weeks later....no response from FailZero.

No Bananas
05-14-11, 11:17
Here we are 4 weeks later. Never did get a response. Guess Fail Zero isn't replying to e-mails. So, has anybody heard anything. Not a single distributor has got FZ products back in stock since this was first posted.

????????

Mac5.56
05-14-11, 18:48
Maybe it's just having been sponsored once in a new developing sport, but I have an eye for products that seem just way to "whiz bang" cool to last. FailZero was one of those products. The first time I saw it in a magazine I chuckled, and literally said: "How long till that companies out of business?"

SOP1
05-28-11, 10:23
Happy Memorial Day Weekend,

First off to the guys that I have been PMing back and forth with me, thanks for not saying anything about me. To the others I would like to quickly clear the air. Scrambler and I are two of the three founders of FailZero/EXO brand. I plan to keep SOP1 even though some of you guessed my old name. And to these that have talked to
Scrambler in the past he is also ready to help you as always. We worked very hard for several years building knowledge in what "real" nickel boron can do on firearms. All three of us left a few months ago. The reason is simple, WE are all gun guys and we where not allowed to be a gun company. Every step of the road was a fight, so we left one by one and started WMD Guns. I will be back posting under my new name on our manufactures page (WMD Guns). Scrambler and I will be very active and try and help answer any questions you may have. We have a banner that you can click on above or go to www.wmdguns.com. So if you want a NiB-X coated Glock you can now send us your Glock and have one since we are back coating personal guns!!

SOP1

Robb Jensen
05-28-11, 11:32

First off to the guys that I have been PMing back and forth with me, thanks for not saying anything about me. To the others I would like to quickly clear the air. Scrambler and I are two of the three founders of FailZero/EXO brand. I plan to keep SOP1 even though some of you guessed my old name. And to these that have talked to
Scrambler in the past he is also ready to help you as always. We worked very hard for several years building knowledge in what "real" nickel boron can do on firearms. All three of us left a few months ago. The reason is simple, WE are all gun guys and we where not allowed to be a gun company. Every step of the road was a fight, so we left one by one and started WMD Guns. I will be back posting under my new name on our manufactures page (WMD Guns). Scrambler and I will be very active and try and help answer any questions you may have. We have a banner that you can click on above or go to www.wmdguns.com. So if you want a NiB-X coated Glock you can now send us your Glock and have one since we are back coating personal guns!!

SOP1

Very cool. I'll be sending you some stuff!

SOP1
05-28-11, 13:46
Looking forward to your business,

SOP1

DrMark
05-28-11, 17:26
Interesting development.

Best of luck, SOP1.

An Undocumented Worker
05-28-11, 18:53
I noticed you offer other coating/treatment options. Such ferritic Nitro Carbuerizing, does the Nib coating work well with nitrocarbuerized parts, and would there be even greater benifits to having suitable parts undergo both processes?

SOP1
05-29-11, 08:28
I noticed you offer other coating/treatment options. Such ferritic Nitro Carbuerizing, does the Nib coating work well with nitrocarbuerized parts, and would there be even greater benifits to having suitable parts undergo both processes?

I'm glad you asked because there is some wrong information out there on the net. Nib-X (Nickel Boron) works best riding on Nickel boron. You can not have Salt Bath Nitrocarburizing (melonite) and Nickel Boron over each other. The EXO Glocks we did for TALO are stripped of the melonite then coated in Nickel Boron. The slides where bead blasted and the barrels where polished.

SOP1

No Bananas
05-29-11, 10:58
This is probably a stupid question, so please humor me. For the Glock/handgun barrels... do you NiB-X the interior of the barrels or is that a no-no?

SOP1
05-29-11, 12:02
This is probably a stupid question, so please humor me. For the Glock/handgun barrels... do you NiB-X the interior of the barrels or is that a no-no?

Hi No Bananas,
We plugged the barrels for the EXO Glocks so we only coated the exterior. We have done them both ways and found no real difference in wear or accuracy. But I'm not the expert on that subject Scrambler is. So give him a call 231-421-GUNS (4867) or PM him.

SOP1

Dozer
05-29-11, 13:41

SOP1

Glad to see you guys up and running. I am looking forward to sending some components your way.

Magic_Salad0892
05-30-11, 00:53
Awesome. I was contemplating sending a few LMT carriers to you guys.

Guess my contemplation is over. You'll be getting them in a few weeks.

rsilvers
10-01-11, 21:27
SOP1:

How important is the coated upper vs just a BCG and hammer?

Did anyone ever make public an actual controlled-variable multi-rifle test report rather than the more casual reports on the FailZero site?

For example, I would like to see 5 uppers tested with standard parts. 5 with failzero BCGs and hammer with and without lube, 5 with failzero BCG, hammer, and uppers with and without lube. 3000 rounds of testing on each one. That is 75,000 rounds of ammo.

As for FailZero not wanting to do customer parts - I totally understand that. Many would be dirty and would require extra processing. They would have to be tagged and matched up and returned. The parts may end up dimensionally oversized.

SOP1
10-02-11, 08:28
Good morning rsilvers,

We will be glad to offer some answers if you go to WMD Guns under manufactures and ask your questions. Scambler 2 has done a ton of tests over many years developing NiB in firearms use. You can call him if you like at 231-421-GUNS (4867) or PM him.

SOP1