PDA

View Full Version : Impending Gubmint Shutdown = No NICS & Longer NFA Wait Times?

30 cal slut
04-06-11, 09:31
Egads.

Just realized ... if the governments shuts down ... I'll have to wait that much longer for a Form 4 to come through.

:suicide2::lazy2:

ETA: No NICS too, now that I think about it. :nono:

500grains
04-06-11, 09:42
**Stop clogging up the thread with bullshit.**

-Templar

TOrrock
04-06-11, 10:31
Egads.

Just realized ... if the governments shuts down ... I'll have to wait that much longer for a Form 4 to come through.

:suicide2::lazy2:

Yes, it most surely will.

30 cal slut
04-06-11, 12:25
Crap. NICS would be down too, right?

woodandsteel
04-06-11, 12:30
Crap. NICS would be down too, right?

Wow, I never thought about that. You'd think that they would have to keep essential services going?

And here I was thinking how nice it would be to see how well we could do without all the non-essential programs if the government shut down. I guess I was throwing the baby out with the bath water on that.

chadbag
04-06-11, 12:35
NICS should be non essential...

A shutdown of the govt is much more painful than it has to be on purpose. Each side wants you to see how bad the other side is by making sure that the things shut down and most painful are the ones that affect the most people so that those people call for an end to the shutdown.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-06-11, 17:06
NICS should be non essential...

A shutdown of the govt is much more painful than it has to be on purpose. Each side wants you to see how bad the other side is by making sure that the things shut down and most painful are the ones that affect the most people so that those people call for an end to the shutdown.

Hit the nail right on the head.

Americans havent sacrificed for the good of the country for 70 years. They simply dont know how. Whoever's side can last the longest is the winner. Wonderful politics if you have a strong base.

An Undocumented Worker
04-06-11, 17:59
Well at least in this state, A carry permit negates the need to call nics.

Mac5.56
04-06-11, 18:05
Wow, I never thought about that. You'd think that they would have to keep essential services going?

And here I was thinking how nice it would be to see how well we could do without all the non-essential programs if the government shut down. I guess I was throwing the baby out with the bath water on that.

Imagine that. Getting all excited about no government, then realizing: "Wait, OOOPPPPSSSS, don't shut down that service, "I" need that service!"

Belmont31R
04-06-11, 18:06
Imagine that. Getting all excited about no government, then realizing: "Wait, OOOPPPPSSSS, don't shut down that service, "I" need that service!"

Shouldn't have NICS to begin with...then we don't need to worry about stupid shit like this.

Mac5.56
04-06-11, 18:20
That's not the point though.

Moose-Knuckle
04-06-11, 18:29
In TX if you have your CHL (CCW) the FFL does not have to run you through the NICS farce. How about other states?

I buy firearms all the time, fill out the form, present my DL and CHL and I'm on my merry way.

Belmont31R
04-06-11, 18:30
That's not the point though.

That is the point. I shouldn't need a government service to exercise a constitutional right. They shut down, and the 2A is null and void for purchasing weapons?

Mac5.56
04-06-11, 18:45
That is the point. I shouldn't need a government service to exercise a constitutional right. They shut down, and the 2A is null and void for purchasing weapons?

Then maybe we should deal with and confront the existence of that federal agency, rather then complain when the government runs out of money and they stop a service? Since our Constitution is a living document it is prone to government expansion, and the only branch that can declare something un-constitutional is the Supreme Court of the US. Until SCOTUS declares NICS as illegal, well, they are literally constitutional. Whether we like it or not.

The issue here is not about if government agencies exist, but rather that by the government shutting down, we will see failures in basic services that we all take for-granted. It's like interstate repairs, I can't wait to listen to tea party members start bitching about pot holes... :)

Belmont31R
04-06-11, 19:04
Then maybe we should deal with and confront the existence of that federal agency, rather then complain when the government runs out of money and they stop a service? Since our Constitution is a living document it is prone to government expansion, and the only branch that can declare something un-constitutional is the Supreme Court of the US. Until SCOTUS declares NICS as illegal, well, they are literally constitutional. Whether we like it or not.

The issue here is not about if government agencies exist, but rather that by the government shutting down, we will see failures in basic services that we all take for-granted. It's like interstate repairs, I can't wait to listen to tea party members start bitching about pot holes... :)

If the government has no money they can't afford to prosecute people for breaking the law. Works for me. States are already in charge of interstate road maintenance. Ive never seen a federal road crew in my life.

TOrrock
04-06-11, 19:10
Asked, answered, getting off track.