PDA

View Full Version : Larue index clips

zukiii
04-06-11, 19:33
I was curious if anyone has stippled their index clips. I recently stippled a set of KAC rail panels and was contemplating on doing the same with the clips.

Thanks...

5cary
04-06-11, 22:11
I was curious if anyone has stippled their index clips. I recently stippled a set of KAC rail panels and was contemplating on doing the same with the clips.

Thanks...

I have the index clips on my middy. The "ribbed" texture that results from the clips' spacing would seem to preclude the need for stippling. Do you find them too slick?

markm
04-07-11, 10:45
I just ordered a set of these myself. I can't believe I bought something from LaRue. :suicide2:

TehLlama
04-09-11, 00:50
The stupid index clips are addicting. They are an elegant solution, and if they were cheaper I'd already be running 100% index clips.

markm
04-09-11, 08:29
The stupid index clips are addicting. They are an elegant solution, and if they were cheaper I'd already be running 100% index clips.

That's what I was affraid of. I bought one tin of them... but I know I'll end up with another.

TMS951
08-09-11, 14:49
I have, I had three different batches, all of them black. I found they reacted differently to heat. Some went well, others pulled away a string of melted plastic making the stippling very sharp.

The hand stop is a different plastic and stippled very well.

Over all with glock, magpul, and larue stuff I find they all take to stippling differently. Glock being the best and some of the index clips and magpul being the worst. Better or worse being wether melted plastic pulls away or not.

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/img_0404.jpg

Not only are the index clips addictive, stippling is too. Ultimately I am going to put back on mostly non stippled index clips with some stippled ones every other clip where my hand goes.

Pappabear
08-09-11, 16:09
Those damn things are so nice. They don't budge, very solid feeling.

Loxodonta
10-27-19, 16:33
Excellent product. Had them on a pic rail for two years now. They also have a really handy little channel for attaching cables from your WML.

I had Tango Down rail panels, garbage product, not designed to last. Wore out and fell off after six months.