PDA

View Full Version : D&L Sports Extreme Duty AR Mags

Nightvisionary
04-07-11, 05:17
Anyone heard of these mags? My buddy purchased 6 of these http://www.dlsports.com/ar15_extreme_duty_magazines.html 30 round mags a few months ago for $65 a piece:confused: I told him he could have bought 5 PMAGS for the price of a single D&L sports mag. He knew about PMAGS too but was convinced these were somehow the best AR mags available.

He had to wait some time for them to be made then when they arrived he found out they don't actually hold 30 rounds because the screws that hold the metal pull tab take up quite a bit of space inside the mag body. I thought he told me they hold 25. He doesn't own a AR yet so he hasn't actually gotten to use them either.

Iraqgunz
04-07-11, 05:50
Tell him he just wasted 65.00. I don't get the love affair people have with disposable items like magazines. Tell him to keep buying them. Might as well support the economy. :confused:

Anyone heard of these mags? My buddy purchased 6 of these http://www.dlsports.com/ar15_extreme_duty_magazines.html 30 round mags a few months ago for $65 a piece:confused: I told him he could have bought 5 PMAGS for the price of a single D&L sports mag. He knew about PMAGS too but was convinced these were somehow the best AR mags available.

He had to wait some time for them to be made then when they arrived he found out they don't actually hold 30 rounds because the screws that hold the metal pull tab take up quite a bit of space inside the mag body. I thought he told me they hold 25. He doesn't own a AR yet so he hasn't actually gotten to use them either.

ZRH
04-07-11, 06:07
Might be stupid question but has he thought about returning them...

Adam_s
04-07-11, 06:18
He bought mags without the rifle, and without researching them?

I believe the saying is, "a fool and his money are soon parted." All those look like to me is a standard metal mag with a Magpul type loop at the end that has been bolted on.

Oh well, more PMAGs for the rest of it.

Nightvisionary
04-07-11, 06:23
Might be stupid question but has he thought about returning them...

Yes, I think he had buyers remorse once they arrived, especially when he figured out they only held 25 rounds or so. It's been a few months now so I think he just decided to keep them.

Nightvisionary
04-07-11, 06:34
Tell him he just wasted 65.00. I don't get the love affair people have with disposable items like magazines. Tell him to keep buying them. Might as well support the economy. :confused:

He is funny like that when it comes to certain things. After waiting almost two years he just took delivery of a custom combat knife that cost over 2 grand and I thought the $500 he paid for a Randall knife was nuts.

Iraqgunz
04-07-11, 06:48
Please send pics of what a 2K combat knife looks like. BTW- tell him I have some stuff for sale- cheap. I promise not to rape him like he has been so far.

He is funny like that when it comes to certain things. After waiting almost two years he just took delivery of a custom combat knife that cost over 2 grand and I thought the $500 he paid for a Randall knife was nuts.

Littlelebowski
04-07-11, 06:59
Over 99% of combat knives are actually MRE openers.

Nightvisionary
04-07-11, 08:24
Please send pics of what a 2K combat knife looks like. BTW- tell him I have some stuff for sale- cheap. I promise not to rape him like he has been so far.

It's a Jay Fisher PJ Light knife. His least expensive knives start at $800. http://www.jayfisher.com/PJLT_Micarta_Donation_B.htm

http://www.jayfisher.com/_borders/FOPJLTDonationB2.jpg

wetidlerjr
04-07-11, 08:32
I used to think HK mags were the way to go (too high so I didn't get any) but I finally got smart and went the PMAG route. I won't look back and all my metal AR mags are now just back-ups. :cool:

Whiskey_Bravo
04-07-11, 08:36
It's a Jay Fisher PJ Light knife. His least expensive knives start at $800. http://www.jayfisher.com/PJLT_Micarta_Donation_B.htm

Unless that thing also has a light saber feature I don't understand a 2k price tag or anybody who pays for it.

Mr. Goodtimes
04-07-11, 09:41
Unless that thing also has a light saber feature I don't understand a 2k price tag or anybody who pays for it.

I dont know why anybody who isn't a PJ would buy a special edition PJ knife with "PJ" written all over it. Strikes me as cheesy.

wetidlerjr
04-07-11, 10:21
I dont know why anybody who isn't a PJ would buy a special edition PJ knife with "PJ" written all over it. Strikes me as cheesy.

We have went from "cheesy" mags to "cheesy" knives and this is making me want a "cheesy" sandwich.
On a more serious note; I would not buy that knife for $20. :cool:

kdcgrohl
04-07-11, 10:46
He bought mags without the rifle,...

And what's wrong with that?

OP, your friend seems to have more money than he needs.

sammage
04-07-11, 14:01
PT Barnum was right... :o Sounds like he has more money than sense.

Magic_Salad0892
04-07-11, 15:21
Ask your friend if I can borrow some money to fund my new KAC suppressor fund.

It looks like he isn't doing anything useful with it.

Lumpy196
04-07-11, 16:51
GI mags with extra power springs, Magpul followers and Ranger Plates would get you the same thing for considerably less money. Or just buy Pmags.

jackblack73
04-07-11, 17:05
Instead of spending $2000 on a knife and $65 on mags, tell him to buy a rifle already.

polymorpheous
04-07-11, 18:18
The D&L website linked by the OP is just straight up retarded.
Looks like it was ripped right out of a bad gun rag.

Your buddy needs to be edumacated.
Tell him to buy a good carbine and read all this forum has to offer.

duece71
04-07-11, 18:22
Could I have some money too please??? Thanks, my LMT MWS would appreciate it. ;)

wetidlerjr
04-07-11, 20:06
GI mags with extra power springs, Magpul followers and Ranger Plates would get you the same thing for considerably less money. Or just buy Pmags.

And there you are ! Problem solved. :D

chadbag
04-07-11, 20:10
Tell your friend that I can supply him with lots of cool things :) through my store. Does he have a reloader yet? :p

Moose-Knuckle
04-07-11, 20:13
These have been out for several years now. There is a reason they are not more popular.

anatolian B
04-07-11, 20:24
Interesting "upgrades"...I like all the pan-head screws.

Why do people want to waste money on expensive magazines? I love Pmags but shot quality GI mags for years before the Pmag era without a problem.

Silly product, silly consumer.

Littlelebowski
04-07-11, 20:26

You don't know how well this thing can open MREs! PJs open their MREs with it! Need I say more?

On the topic of Lauck, I doubt he will allow a return anyway. On 1911forum and ARF, there is a guy who custom ordered a 1911 with an agreed upend price. Lauck added work and materials onto it without seeking approval first. The guy ended up paying but posted the correspondence verbatim

I am disappointed in Lauck as a fellow Wyoming native.

ForTehNguyen
04-07-11, 20:37
thats some good snake oil right there

Whiskey_Bravo
04-07-11, 20:50
You don't know how well this thing can open MREs! PJs open their MREs with it! Need I say more?

I stand corrected. I hadn't thought of the speed and ease of that thing opening an MRE. Totally worth it.

I am adding it to my SHTF list of must have survival tools. I am going to have to put off buying the MRE's for a while though as this is going to take a big chunk out of my MRE budget.

ST911
04-08-11, 22:46
I've seen them and used samples. I still have a couple somewhere. Their time has come and gone. They work as advertised, but at $65, they are a very poor value in comparison to other offerings.

The D&L page for the mags lists this at the top:

(money back if not completely satisfied)
Farther down:

Your purchase price, less shipping, will be 100% refunded if you are not completely satisfied with these magazines within 30 days of purchase.

nickdrak
04-08-11, 23:13
The biggest feature of these mags is that for $65 you cannot use the magazine as a monopod....Awesome!:(