PDA

View Full Version : Help with build

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 16:42
I finally decided on what I want to do for my build, that I have been collecting a notebook of ideas. I am trying to decide if it is worth it or even a good idea right now to build an SBR. So I decided that I am going to build a mid-length rifle but I am going to stay with a 16 inch barrel. I wanted to get a couple of yall’s stories with a noveske, and I am open to any suggestions. I don’t care to really talk about the cost of this and that; I strictly want to hear about noveske . How well it performs, will it out last other brands, the way it makes the rifle feel, stuff like that.

Belmont31R
04-07-11, 16:43
Which Noveske are you looking at?

Iraqgunz
04-07-11, 16:47
My Noveske Recon was one of the best shooting and accurate AR's ever. I was averaging around 1.25 MOA with PPU match ammo.

Very well put together and worth it. IMO.

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 17:08
Whats a good, bolt carrier group gunz? I don't know to much about bcg's, This will be my first big build. My last two rifle I just switched around uppers with lowers, and also tried new flip sights. I wanted to custom build one so this will be my first.

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 17:19
My Noveske Recon was one of the best shooting and accurate AR's ever. I was averaging around 1.25 MOA with PPU match ammo.

Very well put together and worth it. IMO.

Did you buy the complete upper or build it? I can only find stainless barrels. Any idea on where to find the hammer forged barrel?

Hmac
04-07-11, 17:23
My Noveske Light Recce Basic w/VIS and BCE compensator shoots extremely well, very soft with minimal felt recoil. It's been totally reliable, as has my Noveske-based 11.5 SBR. It has a carbine length gas system, of course, so it's got a little more bark to it, but it's been totally reliable with H2 buffer, compensator, and BCM bcg.

Hmac
04-07-11, 17:35
Did you buy the complete upper or build it? I can only find stainless barrels. Any idea on where to find the hammer forged barrel?

Noveske rarely sells their chrome-lined barrels separately. BCM BFH barrels are pretty good, and Centurion sells barrels of the same M249 double-thickness chrome lining spec as Noveske.

Iraqgunz
04-07-11, 17:38
I had the stainless barrel upper and I bought it complete with the BCG.

SteadyUp
04-07-11, 18:17
Whats a good, bolt carrier group gunz? I don't know to much about bcg's, This will be my first big build. My last two rifle I just switched around uppers with lowers, and also tried new flip sights. I wanted to custom build one so this will be my first.

Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, although they're somewhat difficult to find at the moment. I believe Colt has them available.

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 18:29
Noveske rarely sells their chrome-lined barrels separately. BCM BFH barrels are pretty good, and Centurion sells barrels of the same M249 double-thickness chrome lining spec as Noveske.

Yea I have heard about centurion, are they good barrels, I don't know to much about them.

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 18:30
I had the stainless barrel upper and I bought it complete with the BCG.

What kind of bcg did it come with? Was it made by noveske.

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 18:32
Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, although they're somewhat difficult to find at the moment. I believe Colt has them available.

Where can I find a colt bcg? Ive looked for them before when I was doing my research but I couldn't come up with anything.

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 18:36
Im looking at bcg's right now and they have auto and semi. Does this mean that it is only made for a fully auto?

Whiskey_Bravo
04-07-11, 18:36
Im looking at bcg's right now and they have auto and semi. Does this mean that it is only made for a fully auto?

No it does not mean for full auto only.

Link to a good one(when in stock)
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm

Devildog0311
04-07-11, 18:42
What about spikes tactical bcg's?

Whiskey_Bravo
04-07-11, 19:00
I would personally stick with BCM, Daniel Defense, or Colt. But that's just me, most guys here have more experience and knowledge than I do.

I don't have any personal experience with the Spikes BCG's.

Hmac
04-07-11, 19:10
Where can I find a colt bcg? Ive looked for them before when I was doing my research but I couldn't come up with anything.

Ummm...at Colt Manufacturing online store?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/ShopOnline/tabid/62/CatID/35/Default.aspx

Read this thread

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6329

Iraqgunz
04-07-11, 20:40
So I have to ask. Is your screen name in any way indicative of having served as a grunt in the USMC?

Just curious because I would think that you would know this. Also, do you realize that every single question that you have asked here could be easily found using the ORANGE SEARCH BUTTON?

I don't know who made my BCG nor do I care. Noveske is top quality and I trust them enough to know that they used good components.

Devildog0311
04-08-11, 09:15
So I have to ask. Is your screen name in any way indicative of having served as a grunt in the USMC?

Just curious because I would think that you would know this. Also, do you realize that every single question that you have asked here could be easily found using the ORANGE SEARCH BUTTON?

I don't know who made my BCG nor do I care. Noveske is top quality and I trust them enough to know that they used good components.

Yes I did serve as a grunt, I never got into the ar platform to know the difference between all of these brands like larue, noveske spikes and etc... I was familiar with what I had and that was it. It wasn't until a few years ago that I really got into ar's and building them. I have always known colt was good, I just recently heard of noveske , larue, KAC, and a few of those company's. I got out of the Marines in late 2005.

Iraqgunz
04-08-11, 16:48
I highly encourage you to use the ORANGE search button at top. There is a shit ton of info on this site. We have a sticky that shows all the various type of carriers and it includes a description.

Yes I did serve as a grunt, I never got into the ar platform to know the difference between all of these brands like larue, noveske spikes and etc... I was familiar with what I had and that was it. It wasn't until a few years ago that I really got into ar's and building them. I have always known colt was good, I just recently heard of noveske , larue, KAC, and a few of those company's. I got out of the Marines in late 2005.