PDA

View Full Version : Help me out regarding Suppressors...9mm or .45

lloydkristmas
04-07-11, 19:21
First of all, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I saw the NFA section, but all of the suppressor talk I saw was regarding rifles.

I'd like to get into a suppressed pistol setup. I've looked hard at AAC's TiRant offerings in both 9mm and .45.

From what I understand, the 9mm will be quieter suppressed than will the .45. Really though, hearing safe wet or dry is enough for me, and the TiRant is capable of this....

I've got a USP Compact .45 Tactical, but I considered picking up a USP 9mmSD and using it as the host.

I've done a bit of research, but maybe one of you guys can give me a little more advice. Is there any substantial advantages/disadvantages to the 9mm vs .45 in terms of suppression?

Again, this is in regards to AAC TiRant suppressors and HK handguns.

Thanks

jhs1969
04-07-11, 23:07
I would think the only way a 9mm would be quieter than a 45 is if you used subsonic ammo. This is my understanding, for everything else you'll need someone with more exp. than me.;)

PaulL
04-07-11, 23:34
I don't know about the AAC, but Silencerco's 45 Osprey can be used with 9mm by changing the piston. One suppressor to rule them all, so to speak...