PDA

View Full Version : JP fire Control Kit

CCFP
04-07-11, 21:35
I'm looking for opinions on the JP Fie Control Kit (trigger, hammer, springs). How do these components compare to other offerings like Giselle, or drop in units like AR Gold, or Wilson Combat's unit. I just picked up a JP15 upper, and was going to mount it on a TI billet lower. I'm just looking for advice on the best unit to purchase. To be used mainly for 3 gun.
Thanks

Nevermiss
04-07-11, 22:05
I know there are threads about the various triggers for 3 gun. Some really like the AR Gold, but I know some very good shooters who preferred the JP. Try and get to a match and ask some shooters what they are shooting and see if you can try some different triggers.

I like my JP trigger on my JP rifles so much that I've sent JP 3 lowers (two of them were the TI BDX lowers) to have JP install their fire control group for me.

mkmckinley
04-07-11, 22:15
I got one with a M&P15 VTAC that I parted out and threw it in a new lower that I put together. Anyway I adjusted it in about 10 minutes with Loctite on the screw and have shot about 15 mags so far. I'm going to shoot it quite a bit more tomorrow. I really like it. It's a nice single action pull, pretty light and a huge improvement over GI. I still have my GI SHTF guns but for competition the JP unit is an improvement. I also have a Geisselle two stage that I use on an SPR build which is also nice but different. I've tried out a bunch of triggers at Rainier Arms and the JP compares favorably. Honestly the Mega single stage is my favorite single stage out of the bunch.

redyak3
04-07-11, 22:44
I got one with a M&P15 VTAC that I parted out and threw it in a new lower that I put together. Anyway I adjusted it in about 10 minutes with Loctite on the screw and have shot about 15 mags so far. I'm going to shoot it quite a bit more tomorrow. I really like it. It's a nice single action pull, pretty light and a huge improvement over GI. I still have my GI SHTF guns but for competition the JP unit is an improvement. I also have a Geisselle two stage that I use on an SPR build which is also nice but different. I've tried out a bunch of triggers at Rainier Arms and the JP compares favorably. Honestly the Mega single stage is my favorite single stage out of the bunch.
I'm with you there...

MarkG
04-07-11, 23:08
Honestly the Mega single stage is my favorite single stage out of the bunch.

You what I always say, imitation is the sincerest form of thievery...

CCFP
04-08-11, 11:42
Thanks for the info guys. I've since found some threads that my initial search didn't turn up. My selection may come down to availability. Geissele, Timney, and JP are available here, others not so much.