PDA

View Full Version : Flying with firearm on US Airways

gdubyacobb
04-07-11, 23:22
Hey all,
I am flying from Arizona to Maryland soon on US Airways. I am going to contact the airline and follow all the FAA rules.
But does anyone have any history, good or bad with firearms on US Air?

graffex
04-08-11, 00:30
Hey all,
I am flying from Arizona to Maryland soon on US Airways. I am going to contact the airline and follow all the FAA rules.
But does anyone have any history, good or bad with firearms on US Air?

No but you might get a full cavity search once you land here in BWI by a nice man on a segway with a g36 assault rifle :)

chadbag
04-08-11, 00:31
Just be aware that MD has some sort of magazine capacity limits. I don't know the details of what is legal to possess versus buy and under what conditions but it warrants some research on your part.

graffex
04-08-11, 00:43
Just be aware that MD has some sort of magazine capacity limits. I don't know the details of what is legal to possess versus buy and under what conditions but it warrants some research on your part.

Not allowed to sell 30 rounders in MD, you are allowed to own them though so no issues there. Everyone here just buys them out of state :)

Eurodriver
04-08-11, 00:45
Have flown multiple times with US Air and firearms. As far as major airlines go their policies are the most pro-gun by far. If you get stuck with an idiot ticket agent just ask to speak to a manager. I have never had to do this though, in fact I have been treated NICER in several different airports (Honolulu, Charlotte, Phoenix, Tampa) after I declared a firearm. I've also never been charged an oversized baggage fee on a firearm case even ones weighing more than 50lbs...weird.

Make sure your case is locked with GOOD locks, bring the keys/combo with you so you can open it up for the TSA and let them inspect it. After the inspection, lock the case back up and you're done. It will show up at the customer service section however and not usually roll out on the baggage belt like everything else though, thats something to keep in mind.

rickrock305
04-08-11, 09:13
I'd avoid US Airways at all costs. They're horrible!

ST911
04-08-11, 22:38
Limited experience flying with US Airways, but it was positive. No problems.

I'd avoid US Airways at all costs. They're horrible!

Does your feedback pertain to flying with firearms, as is topical here, or air travel with USA in general? If such a post is made, more information should accompany it.

HES
04-08-11, 23:01
Im not a fan out US Airways after the way I was treated when my grandmother was dying. Since then I have only traveled with them when business require it. I havent had any problems with flying on them with a fire arm. Of greater concern, at least to me, would be the firearms laws you may encounter in MD.

TehLlama
04-08-11, 23:58
Had to fly with them last minute, low warning for airline selection (thanks, big green weenie), and they were fine actually. Nothing special, just another airline, but their firearm policies are standard, and not disagreeable.

skyugo
04-09-11, 14:19
No but you might get a full cavity search once you land here in BWI by a nice man on a segway with a g36 assault rifle :)

that just happens to be my fetish! :eek::D