PDA

View Full Version : MOE handguards under extreme use?

Newaza
04-08-11, 08:50
How well do they hold up compared to the basic Colt M4 handguards? I'm talking the most extreme use possible (i.e. war), where the rifle may get dropped, banged, smashed, etc. Will the MOE handguards stay on securely? Have any of you guys had any problems with the MOE handguards accidentally coming off during extreme use?

polymorpheous
04-08-11, 08:53
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40169

Newaza
04-08-11, 08:56
I WAS using the search button. But thanks for the link.

Stickman
04-08-11, 13:41
How well do they hold up compared to the basic Colt M4 handguards? I'm talking the most extreme use possible (i.e. war), where the rifle may get dropped, banged, smashed, etc. Will the MOE handguards stay on securely? Have any of you guys had any problems with the MOE handguards accidentally coming off during extreme use?

The standard Colt handguards broke from time to time while I was in the service, but typically they held up to abuse very well. The of the polymers used in the MOE don't give me any reason to think they would hold up any different.

I use them without concern, and I know a few guys using them on their LEO duty weapons without any trouble.

Newaza
04-08-11, 13:45
Thank you. I appreciate the reply.

ForTehNguyen
04-08-11, 14:51
magpul polymer is superior to the standard ones. Since the standards hold up fine theres no reason why the magpul ones shouldnt

spelingmastir
04-08-11, 16:08
I believe that Colt handguards are ABS while Magpul ones are nylon-based. They are two very different polymer systems. I prefer nylon for its better toughness and chemical resistance.