PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace grips for Glocks

M4arc
09-27-07, 20:08
I know the CT grips for the 1911 have an on/off switch and the Glock models do not.

Does this mean the battery is being used, even just a little bit at all times or is it only being used when pressure is applied to the pad?

DocGKR
09-27-07, 20:16
Only when pressure is on the pad.

The downside is that in doing normal pistol manipulations, the light is constantly being activated--annoying at the range; potentially catastrophic in some circumstances. After initially welcoming the CTC Glock lasers, we have taken them off many pistols because of the lack of an off switch...

The Crimson Trace management continues to make STUPID business decisions with their military and LE oriented products.

one
09-29-07, 01:43
The lack of a kill switch on these grips is what has kept me holding off getting a set of IR ones for my G19.

I keep hoping that enough customer feedback will get back to them in the form of complaints about it for them to do a redesign. My only other option is to just go ahead and make the purchase, living with the fact the beam won't be visible during normal daylight practice...And thus ensuring the announcement that the kill switch version will immdediately be available for sale. Or at least that seems to be how it goes with me.

the1911fan
09-29-07, 12:38
Unless I am actively shooting my trigger finger blocks the laser (right handed)...it gives off no more light than glowing night sights do (can't cover those tho)

I agree it should have a switch

M4arc
09-30-07, 09:48
Thanks Doc (and others).

I'm going to give them a try and see how I like them.

ygbsm
09-30-07, 16:36
I heard that Crimson Trace is working on a version 2.0 of several of their grip sets. This includes the Glock and the Beretta versions. I heard this from The Tactical Dalai Lama sometime this summer, FWIW.