PDA

View Full Version : Using Sportbike oil vs car oil???

DiabhailGadhar
04-09-11, 15:49
After finding out that some of you are using Mobil 1 for your lube of choice, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on the difference between using a bike oil vs a car oil. I, this is just an opinion not based in fact, feel that a lube that is designed to run on an engine capable of running over 12k RPM is probably a bit better built then one designed to run at say less then 6k.

I did do a little research and found out from (mobil 1's actually) a source that motorcycle engines/oils run a bit hotter because the engine oil circulates throughout the bike where as a car's oil just cools the engine. Please correct if wrong, I just tinker I'm not a gear head,even though I will try:p. Also in the article that I read it said that there is more zinc and phosphates?:confused:?? in the motorcycle oil...yeah any input there would help...

The reason that I'm asking is the fully synthetic racing oil I use for my bike is upwards of $19 a liter and my 3.7l requirement for my bike as you can imagine leaves some left over..and I'd much rather use it then any other option...thanks for your input

S/F

Nick

Iraqgunz
04-09-11, 15:59
We aren't going to have another lube thread. There are 500 already.