PDA

View Full Version : New used ruger alaskan 454!

ejewels
04-09-11, 17:23
Hello,

So I've always wanted a ruger alaskan in 454. Might not have helped that I watched the movie "faster" last night. I happened to find a used, like new one sitting in my local gun store today... for 650 OTD. Couldn't pass it up. It literally looked as if it had been shot only once before.

I then took to range, shot some 45 colts then 6 454 260 gr. casulls until the RO told me I couldn't shoot the casulls anymore. BUZZKILL. All I gotta say is wow! It shook the range. I noticed a few times while trying to cock the hammer back for single action, it seemed harder to do, like it got snagged. Any ideas? Also, I'm assuming it can shoot 45 colt +P's as well?

My new favorite gun :)

Twistedsteel
04-10-11, 18:44
Where the hell are the pics? :D

dirt_diver
04-10-11, 18:48
+1
I'd love go see it. I too saw that movie last weekend and it has drifted to the top of the fun gun list.

kingkroupa
04-10-11, 19:03
I've got one in .44 and it sure is a neat gun. I got asked not to bring it back to the (indoor) range...:D

Silvanus
04-11-11, 08:36
When I saw the title I knew somebody has been enjoying that movie "Faster" a little too much :D

It was like one huge firearms, iPhone and car ad!

I only shot a .454 (I think it was a Taurus though) on one occasion. Can´t say I enjoyed it much, but if you´re into powerful handguns, the .454 Casull will certainly not be a disappointment.

What barrel length did you get?