PDA

View Full Version : Home grown terrorism largely a myth?

500grains
04-10-11, 06:53
Maybe this is really why we invaded Iraq.

Declassified documents show alleged connection of OKC bomb to overseas terrorism

For many years investigative reporters have suspected that Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols did not act alone in perpetrating the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 that killed 168 Americans and injured hundred more. According to newly-released documents, formerly classified, many agree those suspcions were correct. The bombing was allegedly the work of overseas terrorists. In a report released April 5 by the Center for Public Integrity, the FBI sat on explosive information indicating that the bombing was ordered by the Iraqi Special Services unit.

...the Oklahoma City bombing was sponsored by the Iraqi Special Services who contracted seven (7) former Afghani Freedom Fighters out of Pakistan,” an April 17, 1996 FBI memo states, recounting the then-ABC journalist’s interview with FBI agents a year earlier on the evening of the April 19, 1995 bombing. (The Iraqi connection, of course, never materialized.).

But the assumption that the Iraqi connection never materialized appears to be more opinion than fact.

The formerly classified documents suggest a definite connection between the bombing and Middle Eastern terrorists. Utah lawyer Jesse Trentadue has been researching the Oklahoma City case since 1995 and discovered the documents in a box kept by attorneys who are working for alleged co-conspirator Terry Nichols:

The memo was recently discovered by Utah lawyer Jesse Trentadue, who has spent years researching the Oklahoma City case trying to prove a connection between the terrorist bombing and the death of his brother in an Oklahoma prison in the summer of 1995.

The root of the memo lies in Trentadue’s relationship with Terry Nichols, one of the defendants convicted in the 1995 terror attack, who is serving life in prison. Trentadue recently found the document — unredacted and still marked secret — in a box of documents gathered by Nichols’ defense attorneys.

But the evidence only gets stronger. Debbie Schlussel reports the following bombshell:

As I noted recently, there was previously a lot of evidence that the Oklahoma City was the work of Islamic terrorists, including the presence of McVeigh associate and Iraqi agent Hussain Al-Hussaini, whom the FBI confirmed was seen with McVeigh throughout the planning of the attack, including when McVeigh rented the vehicle used in the bombing. Most of this evidence was dug up and brought out by Ms. Davis, a then-Oklahoma City television reporter, whose book, “The Third Terrorist: The Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing,” is a must-read.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/bombshell-declassified-documents-show-okc-bombing-done-by-muslims

ZRH
04-10-11, 07:28
So then you would say the Weathermen for example, weren't/aren't domestic terrorists? Or the May 19 Coalition, Animal Liberation Front...

Low Drag
04-10-11, 07:53
Perhaps a better phrase would be home cultivated terrorist, cultivated by the same old actors on the terror stage. I seem to recall reports of McVeigh went to the Philippines to meet up with terror actors.
Think of WWII or the Cold War. I for one would consider our intelligence services incompetent if they didn’t work with/exploit people in Germany or the USSR that were not happy and willing to do something against their nation. It all can be done under the radar, very cost effective it just takes time to reap rewards.
I would find it very difficult to believe Islamic fundamentalists (in particular Iran) haven’t been working for decades to develop a network within the US. They are simply not that stupid. I doubt they have nukes hidden all over the US but I do think they are active in the Muslim community doing what they can to create and “Us Vs Them” mentality. The goal is to piss of Americans enough for a few of us to do what happens every week in the Muslim world and act out against a few Muslims.

Regarding the whole so-called war on terror, I think the real target has been and is Iran. They have been jacking with us since 1979 and have been pretty open in their goals. We needed to get Iraq out of the way to take down Iran. When the insurgency started the Rumsfeld team didn’t drop the ball they didn’t even see it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-10-11, 08:53
There has always been a weird 'sympathy' of McViegh's for the Iraqi's. I didn't read his manfesto, but I remember seeing exceprts of it where he chastised the US for all the civilian deaths during Desert Storm. The Clinton Admin was more than happy to see McVeigh as a typical right wing nut, and when you think about it, wouldn't that make sense for an Islamic terrorist to try to forment internal strife. Not saying there was a conspiracy in the govt, but when you like to hunt ducks, things that lay eggs and have web feet look like ducks, even if they are platypusses.

Business_Casual
04-10-11, 10:58
a local OK reporter wrote it. It asked great questions and had really good facts.

Well worth a read.

B_C

dookie1481
04-10-11, 12:10
a local OK reporter wrote it. It asked great questions and had really good facts.

Well worth a read.

B_C

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Business_Casual
04-10-11, 14:30
Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I was serious, I really thought it was compellingly written. If the facts are as presented, it is quite compelling - as an indictment of both Clinton/Reno an Iraq.

B_C

dookie1481
04-10-11, 23:38
I was serious, I really thought it was compellingly written. If the facts are as presented, it is quite compelling - as an indictment of both Clinton/Reno an Iraq.

B_C

Gotcha, I will check it out. Your sense of humor is so dry sometimes that it's hard to tell :D