PDA

View Full Version : A litlle G21 assistance please.

COJAM
04-10-11, 08:41
Took out a recently acquired G21 Manufactured 7/07. 2 out 100 WWB 230 gr. FTF. No Primer strikes on rounds. Not even a scratch. Mags were fully seated. It happened with 2 different mags. I ejected the rounds inspected them and then fired them with no problems. I did a little research and saw that a very few 21's had this issue. I have the updated trigger bar 4256-1 and I detailed stripped and the firing pin and the channel were pretty clean.FWIW the gun was a Glock factory refurb. that looks practically new. Where should I start?

MarkG
04-10-11, 08:56
Remove the slide and field strip. Depress the firing pin block and push the striker forward. Does the tip of the striker protrude through the breach face? Could it have the wrong striker?

COJAM
04-10-11, 09:11
Remove the slide and field strip. Depress the firing pin block and push the striker forward. Does the tip of the striker protrude through the breach face? Could it have the wrong striker?

Yes it does protrude. I inspected/checked that when I detailed stripped it after the range session. Wrong Striker is a good ?, I never thought of that one. I think I'm going to first try a different brand of ammo,then swap out the recoil spring if that doesn't work, then try different mags.If none of the above works. Glock will get a call. I just thought some of the more knowledgeable Glock guys might have experienced the same problem.Thanks MK18Pilot.

Hound_va
04-10-11, 09:18
Trigger bar or firing pin safety can cause that. Magazines are very unlikely unless you're having feeding or failure to return to battery problems.

COJAM
04-10-11, 09:29
Trigger bar or firing pin safety can cause that. Magazines are very unlikely unless you're having feeding or failure to return to battery problems.

It did appear to return to battery. But if it didn't by just the smallest of margins, I couldn't tell. The firing pin safety I did check. when I removed the slide I would depress it to see if it allow me to move it forward. I then released it to see if it would stay locked in place. Thanks. Hound_VA.

Hound_va
04-10-11, 09:42
The bump at the front of the trigger bar depresses the FPS. It sounds to me like the bump is not engaging the FPS properly. Do you know if you heard/felt the firing pin spring forward on the 2 FTF rounds?

COJAM
04-10-11, 10:13
Now that I think about it. The trigger didn't rest each time. You're a smart man.:suicide2: