PDA

View Full Version : What light do you use on your Glock 30?

SW-Shooter
04-10-11, 19:10
I attached an Insight WX150(Procyon) to my Glock 30SF. I didn't have a chance to fire the new combo for a few months, then on my first range outing with the light mounted it flies off several times. (I have the correct mounting block on it.)

Being frustrated I placed a call to the manufacturer and they claim that the gun/light combo is not compatible.

So after ordering and using a $150.00 holster for it, I'm facing the dilemma of finding a comparable light (130+lumens with strobe) to mount to it.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/005.jpg

ghettomedic
04-14-11, 15:42
Glock 30 with TLR-1 is my "going out of town" HD gun. No issues through probably 1000 rounds fired with the light attached.

Side note: What grip extension is that? It looks different than my Pearce extensions, like it may give me just a bit more pinky purchase, sadly my only gripe with the Pearce extension.

margo walters
04-14-11, 16:17
Is the light loose when it's attached to the rail? My department issues the WX150 for use on our M&Ps and we've had the same issue. The light rattles like hell when attached and from time to time will make its way downrange. The tension on the light can not be increased any further to hold it in place. Complaints to our management have fallen on deaf ears. I've taken to using a piece of duct tape between the light and the rail to shim it in place. It's not a solution, but it may work as a temporary fix until you can find a replacement light.

SW-Shooter
04-14-11, 18:37
Side note: What grip extension is that? It looks different than my Pearce extensions, like it may give me just a bit more pinky purchase, sadly my only gripe with the Pearce extension.

I believe it is a Scherer.

I've decided on the TLR-1s, even though the WX-150 is a better light IMO.

toasterlocker
04-16-11, 21:13
I attached an Insight WX150(Procyon) to my Glock 30SF. I didn't have a chance to fire the new combo for a few months, then on my first range outing with the light mounted it flies off several times. (I have the correct mounting block on it.)

Being frustrated I placed a call to the manufacturer and they claim that the gun/light combo is not compatible.

So after ordering and using a $150.00 holster for it, I'm facing the dilemma of finding a comparable light (130+lumens with strobe) to mount to it.

I had the same issue with a my Procyon on a G21 and G22. Insight sent me a replacement latch spring, but I ended up getting a TLR-1 so I never tried the spring to see if it would fix the problem. I would get a TLR-1, it is the best light for the money out there, if not the best light period (not a fan of the Surefire X300.)

Agile53
04-17-11, 22:30
When I carried a 30 (2+ yrs IWB) the same that I currently use w/ my 17/19, a SF X200B or X300.

Eurodriver
04-17-11, 22:38
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3134/imgp0082c.jpg