PDA

View Full Version : New guy from NC

oxthegrunt
04-10-11, 23:36
What's up guys, I'm new to the site. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this correct me if so. Going to purchase my first AR soon, and thought I'd introduce myself. Was looking at some rifle kits at various sites, but they seem to be a little out of my $600-$800 price range. However, I did find a Bushmaster SuperLight Carbine for $650. Is this a good deal? I'm a little concerned about the light weight carbon upper and lower holding up over time. If you could please give me a little advise, or guidance on the issue I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-10-11, 23:43
Welcome to the forum. This is a technical, combat minded, no nonsense forum. People here are to the point, so please have a thick skin. Your rifle choice is no bueno. Check this out:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65292

And please please please, research the forum.

Look at DD, BCM, COLT, LMT, Noveske.

oxthegrunt
04-11-11, 00:12
I'm here asking for advise, so there's no worry of getting my feelings hurt.:D Could you please explain why the choice is no bueno? I'm weighing my options, and trying to find the best course of action, but just saying it's not a good choice without providing reasons why isn't as helpful as it could be. I know bushmaster isn't as good quality as the others, but it might perform ok for certain people. Just trying to get specifics, and hopefully talk to someone who has experience with the rifle in question.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-11-11, 00:20
I, for one, wont spoonfeed you this. Like I said, take a few hours to read the stickies on this forum. Do a search of bushmaster and see how many bad hits come up. This place is full of info, please, utilize it.

Iraqgunz
04-11-11, 01:42
Please spend some time looking at the information here. In addition, I will say something that has been said 1000 times previously.

Why do you need it now? That "I can only spend 600-800.00" stuff is garbage. If you can't afford a little more for a good AR, then don't buy one. Get a G19 or a shotgun. In addition to the weapon, you will need ammo and magazines as well. How do you plan on buying that stuff?