PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cerino now has a training school "top shot"

Ring
04-11-11, 09:57
Chris Cerino now has a training school

http://chriscerinotraininggroup.com/Chris_Cerino_Training_Group/Home.html

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/chris-cerino

he was the states lead OPOTA instructor.. he quit to do this full time

a friend who was new to shooting just took his pistol class, loved it and taught him tons...

Former FAM
04-11-11, 18:47
I used to work with Chris....

He's a great guy and a fantastic instructor. I highly recommend him as a trainer....

Congratulations Chris..

BountyXP
08-28-11, 02:45
Didn't he recently have an ND with a SERPA holster?

M4Guru
08-28-11, 06:15
Is it still considered an ND if it doesn't go any farther than your leg? I think he shot himself when the incident happened.

rob_s
08-28-11, 06:22
Didn't he recently have an ND with a SERPA holster?

This article doesn't identify him, but the comments say it was him.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/12/firearms_training_officer_acci.html

Guns-up.50
08-28-11, 10:13
[QUOTE=rob_s;1086192]This article doesn't identify him, but the comments say it was him.QUOTE]

There are a bunch of posts stating the reason for the ND was the glocks:confused: some people?

M4Guru
08-28-11, 11:04
He made a post on some blog sharing his experience with the holster locking up and having to apply an unusual amount of force to draw the weapon when the shot happened.

jwfuhrman
08-28-11, 11:16
Didn't look like he was hurting this weekend at the Ar15/Brownells Pro/Am. Spent quite a bit of time with him Friday and Saturday after we were done shooting(I ended up 15th in AM btw and my best friend Corey won AM). Chris is definitely a good guy, and Ian Harrison was never far from him, and he's a funny guy as well

Ring
08-28-11, 14:21
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_12/450594_LE_Only_PRECISION_RIFLE_1__3_DAY__class_for_any_interested__june_6_7_8__CHRIS_CERINO_TRAINING_GROUP.html

Originally Posted By ChrisCerino:
Just to respond to some of the comments here.
I have been shot twice. Once by a student and once by myself.
The student issue was during explosive breeching in a dark CQB environment. Areas of responsibility are very important to adhere to.
THe other was by myself.
I never hid from the fact that it happened. It was an accident and at least I was NOT SHOT WITH AN UNLOADED GUN.
It was not in front of students and it was during an instructor train-up.
Many people out there have had close calls or accidents that are blown off or never talked about. It's real hard to hide it when it goes thru your leg.
Acknowledge it and move on. It has made me a better instructor. We were pushing ourselves and I was using new gear. BIG LESSON LEARNED.
Many a fine craftsman are missing a finger. LIfe happens. I am humbled and embarrassed.

As for classes.
I can run a pistol hard and shoot accurately. Carbines too.
Weapon handling skills and fundamentals are a priority.
I can also shoot a precision rifle very well. since I have never had the position of sniper I can not call myself an expert.
I employ Andrew Blubaugh as my expert. He is a fantastic instructor. We cross train each other in long guns and pistols. I would never run a class without him. Anyone who has access to Andrew and does not employ his skills in teaching long gun is seriously shorting the students.
Anyhow, I deserve the ribbing I have coming to me. I know this. But don't go too far. Accidents happen and although I would risk my own ass out there, I would never put students or co-workers at risk. Safety is inherent in what I do. I recently went to a Buck Baker race car driving school and asked the instructors if they had ever crashed. Some said yes. One said If you don't eventually crash you aren't trying hard enough. He pointed to his lead foot and said that it was directly related to his crash. Too much gas he said.
If you have been out on the shooting competition circuit you have heard the stories too.
JUST PLEASE DON'T COMPARE ME TO THE ONLY JACKASS PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO HADLE THAT GLOCK 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_shock.gif
Chris

it was a M&P not a glock

BountyXP
08-28-11, 14:34
I can appreciate and acknowledge his honesty about being shot twice in his short time as an instructor but I think he could of used a better analogy than the racing school one. So saying "if you haven't had a crash you aren't trying hard enough" means what? If I haven't had an ND or shot myself or someone else that I'm not trying hard enough?

An explanation of the two events would have sufficed. I'm sure he's affable and a nice guy, I'd just like to see a few years of no accidental shootings around him or during his classes before handing over a big check for instruction. Especially when there are a TON of excellent instructors with no such issues (Randy Cain, Vickers, Lamb, Pat Rogers, etc.). Just my opinion...

theblackknight
08-28-11, 17:22
hahah that last line wins